youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I need some sad or depressing music for my PowerPoint presentation on a Nazi concentration camp. I'm really dumb and I don't know the genre of music, but remember those sad melodies that would be played in like video documents and etc.? What are some of the best, and if possible are they free to get in a sound browser or something? Thanks for any help!

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you mean music you can actually download, try this: http://www.terra-arcanum.com/sierra/media/...soundtrack.html

it is the soundtrack to the computer game "arcanum: of steamwork and magic obscura" a great RPG, but more importantly in this case, has some great string quartet vignettes, downloadable for free (legally even!)

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's alright if the song loops, as the presentation lasts about ten minutes or so (because were are writing main ideas from each presentation), but if it does loop I don't want it to be noticeable (like a sudden pause then start-up). I trying out many of the songs listed, to see how they fit the mood.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm gonna say +1 on Mad World. It's not a video game song (seriously guys, Chrono Trigger/SMRPG music for a Holocaust video?) and it's really nice and relaxing but also depressing and meaningful. It's just perfect.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was coming in to suggest Gary Jules' version of Mad World, but I see I've been beaten to the punch half a dozen times. (I should never have shown you guys "Kiwi!"
happy.gif
)

Alternately, there are two or three songs by Alice in Chains that might fit the bill
"Nutshell"
"Don't Follow" (you'll have to cut out the last verse, as it becomes upbeat)
"Whale and Wasp" (an instrumental)

It has an odd feel, but Imogen Heap's version of "Hide and Seek" might be useful

If you can find an instrumental version of Pink Floyd's "Is there anybody out there" it would work well.
Their song "Outside the Wall" is also appropriate. Perhaps even "Wish You Were Here" (the song, from the album of the same name)

Nickelback performs the song "Far Away" which is heart-wrenching in the proper context.

A Perfect Circle's "3 Libras" might work in small bits. Particularly an instrumental studio version.

R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" would be great, if (once again) you can find the instrumental. (See a pattern here?)

Let me think a while. I know many more than these.

EDIT: Ooh! I just remembered a song from Pink Floyd that only appeared in their film "The Wall" in three parts, called "When the Ti(y)gers Broke Free". It fits the period you're making this presentation about, perfectly. Unfortunately it's written from the perspective of a child whose father was lost in WW2, but it still may be useful. It seems that there is a version of this song performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra that would probably be your best bet.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
layzieyez said:
Go for irony. R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People.

Heh, my teacher wouldn't like that very much if the class laughed during such a depressing moment. Well, since so many suggested Mad World, where can i DL it for free?

EDIT: I just subtracted the music from a YouTube vid. Thanks everyone! P.S. the song is very good
smile.gif

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VariantDevil said:
I need some sad or depressing music for my PowerPoint presentation on a Nazi concentration camp.

what you are looking for.
Chopin's nocturn in e minor op. 72.

i wish i could embed the vid (maybe a lil help, tempers?), but trust me & give it a listen.

the choice of this piece alone will greatly impress your teacher.
plus, it really is fitting.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of this is straight fonk no bullshit, I'll try to remember more

Fastball- The Way, and Out of my Head
Dereck and the Dominoes- Bell Bottom Blues
Isley Bros and R. Kelly- Contagious
Truth Hurts Ft R Kelly-The Truth
Sarah McLachlan - Adia
Playa Fly- Just Awaken Shaken

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Smatchmo said:
VariantDevil said:
I need some sad or depressing music for my PowerPoint presentation on a Nazi concentration camp.

what you are looking for.
Chopin's nocturn in e minor op. 72.

i wish i could embed the vid (maybe a lil help, tempers?), but trust me & give it a listen.

the choice of this piece alone will greatly impress your teacher.
plus, it really is fitting.

I think it would be best if I chose this song. It does best fit the mood.
unsure.gif

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Three 6 Mafia song "War With Us" they cut out Koopsta Knicca's verse when they put it on the Choices soundtrack, which broke my heart and signified the end of "Three 6 Mafia" at least in my eyes

This song is very sad to me, Magno addressing the breakup with Swishahouse and Mike Jones

Sorry I didn't read the original topic before I started posting, but hey whatever, no offense intended

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: 💡Help Roms To Heal :D