MBX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

Are there any mods that exist and work that can achieve 60fps for Zelda BOTW and the new one?

I was only able to load cheats and 60fps option for Tears of the Kingdom and when the 60fps option is checked it doesn't really work. Max is 30fps.

I'm curious if this has anything to do with Ryujinx or if there need to be different mods to achieve 60fps?

I have MacBook Pro M2 Pro chip so it shouldn't be a hardware problem. Mario Odyssey works 60fps, no mods needed. I guess Ryujinx implemented this natively.

Any idea if possible at all or if we need to wait for Ryujinx to update?

Edgecrusherr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 60fps right doesn't work right now, because you're on a Mac. I'm on a Mac Studio, so you have a slightly faster single-core CPU speeds than I, but my multi-core and GPU are way more powerful, and I can barely break 30fps. I can run most games at 4k without any issues, and I think I've played Mario Kart at 5k or more too. I think there's just certain optimizations that need to be made for Tears in general, plus a lot of work still to do on the Mac side.

The Ryujinx team posted on their blog yesterday that we'll get a massive update sometime in the near future. That's Ultimately what we're waiting on.

If it makes you feel any better, because the Switch and Apple Silicon are both ARM, our computers run Switch games better than a lot of x86 high end gaming PCs

Reactions: MBX

MBX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the hint. Just downloaded the new Ryujinx Mac version from GitHub via their blog post.

Both Zelda games now run better. The 30fps for some reason feel like 60fps.

Only thing that bothers me in the new Zelda is Link's shadow that is displayed badly, some dumb glitch.

MBX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it makes you feel any better, because the Switch and Apple Silicon are both ARM, our computers run Switch games better than a lot of x86 high end gaming PCs

Actually Yuzu for PC just updated their emulator and PC's can now run TOTK at 60fps & 4K without any mods or cheats.

I wish Yuzu existed for Mac or Ryujinx would update theirs to run better on Macs.

AlexPr

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Thanks for the hint. Just downloaded the new Ryujinx Mac version from GitHub via their blog post.

Both Zelda games now run better. The 30fps for some reason feel like 60fps.

Only thing that bothers me in the new Zelda is Link's shadow that is displayed badly, some dumb glitch.
Hello! Help please) I also have a MacBook Pro M2. But I have about 20-25 frames per second in BOTW and everything is very jerky. Please share your settings. Thank you in advance)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1