Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because that's how you install the exploits...

OK..did i miss something? I didn't use the bluecard anywhere for this.

Put the Patched RX and firmware.bin / 0004013800000202.cia on sd card
Booted 3DS (Sys)
Booted into Gateway (emu 9.8)
Opened Dev Menu
Installed 0004013800000202.cia
Exited back to SYSNAND
opened browser
Opened rx tool
Booted RX Firmware
Booted DEVMenu
Installed gba.cia (tried three now)
blank screen when booting gba games on GW or RX, SyS, as expeted, doesn't open it

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK..did i miss something? I didn't use the bluecard anywhere for this.

Put the Patched RX and firmware.bin / 0004013800000202.cia on sd card
Booted 3DS (Sys)
Booted into Gateway (emu 9.8)
Opened Dev Menu
Installed 0004013800000202.cia
Exited back to SYSNAND
opened browser
Opened rx tool
Booted RX Firmware
Booted DEVMenu
Installed gba.cia (tried three now)
blank screen when booting gba games on GW or RX, SyS, as expeted, doesn't open it

I installed the gba rom with FBI on Gateway Emunand. Did you patch the 202 Cia? Did you get an error / Delete necessary files if got error? Did you patch the gba rom correctly using a header? You can only use GBA on RXtool emunand.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the gba rom with FBI on Gateway Emunand. Did you patch the 202 Cia? Did you get an error / Delete necessary files if got error? Did you patch the gba rom correctly using a header? You can only use GBA on RXtool emunand.
i did it through DEVMenu as i was told

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did it through DEVMenu as i was told

Im not sure if DevMenu has the same features as FBI, so just use FBI.

To install FBI, download the zip containing .3ds, cia, elf,
Put the .3ds version of FBI on your gateway micro
Put the .cia version of FBI on your 3ds SD
Boot into GW emunand and launch the FBI .3ds
Install the FBI CIA to your SD.

Then boot into GW emunand again ( I think), and launch the CIA version of FBI

Then Follow the ARG FIRM tutorial in OP of the original thread.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if DevMenu has the same features as FBI, so just use FBI.

To install FBI, download the zip containing .3ds, cia, elf,
Put the .3ds version of FBI on your gateway micro
Put the .cia version of FBI on your 3ds SD
Boot into GW emunand and launch the FBI .3ds
Install the FBI CIA to your SD.

Then boot into GW emunand again ( I think), and launch the CIA version of FBI

Then Follow the ARG FIRM tutorial in OP of the original thread.

well, the thing with FBI is I can't find the file to delete as mentioned on previous post (since it won't let me write due to already exist)

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the thing with FBI is I can't find the file to delete as mentioned on previous post (since it won't let me write due to already exist)

You have to press R to change the action to Delete file and scroll down until you find the file that matches the image in the OP

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes 4.5 and I use the Gateway. Always have Red card, dont want to keep swapping out Blue card

Okay, here's how you can do any of this through mset:

1. Pick whether you want to boot a (Gateway-encrypted) Launcher.dat or rxTools.dat and grab the appropriate code.bin - or both.
1a. code.bin for Launcher.dat's: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=47753777289998764895
1b. code.bin for rxTools: http://filetrip.net/dl?YMiN8kg7dh
2. Put whichever code.bin on the root of your SD card, or grab both and name one something like rxcode.bin and the other gwcode.bin
3. Put the SD card back in the 3DS
4. Clear your 3DS internet browser history and cookies
5. Point your 3DS browser at http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&code.bin (you can change the "&code.bin" part to the name of each code.bin, i.e. &rxcode.bin or &gwcode.bin, I made bookmarks for each)
6. Wait for the browser to crash (should give a "Please save what you were doing and restart" message)

You now have mset installed for whichever thing you want - the rxTools code.bin will launch rxTools.dat, and the Launcher.dat code.bin will launch any Gateway-encrypted launcher.dat (that is, if something gives you a Launcher.dat and a Launcher_GW.dat you're gonna need the Launcher_GW.dat renamed to Launcher.dat)

NOTE: If you followed those tweaks a few pages back to insert the slot0x25KeyX.bin into rxTools.dat, you can't use that modified copy with this, it won't boot. I'm SO glad that was brought up, because otherwise I'd still be puzzling that out, hahah

Last edited by Jaitsu,

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: Okay, it appears

Okay, here's how you can do any of this through mset:

1. Pick whether you want to boot a (Gateway-encrypted) Launcher.dat or rxTools.dat and grab the appropriate code.bin - or both.
1a. code.bin for Launcher.dat's: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=47753777289998764895
1b. code.bin for rxTools: http://filetrip.net/dl?YMiN8kg7dh
2. Put whichever code.bin on the root of your SD card, or grab both and name one something like rxcode.bin and the other gwcode.bin
3. Put the SD card back in the 3DS
4. Clear your 3DS internet browser history and cookies
5. Point your 3DS browser at http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&code.bin (you can change the "&code.bin" part to the name of each code.bin, i.e. &rxcode.bin or &gwcode.bin, I made bookmarks for each)
6. Wait for the browser to crash (should give a "Please save what you were doing and restart" message)

You now have mset installed for whichever thing you want - the rxTools code.bin will launch rxTools.dat, and the Launcher.dat code.bin will launch any Gateway-encrypted launcher.dat (that is, if something gives you a Launcher.dat and a Launcher_GW.dat you're gonna need the Launcher_GW.dat renamed to Launcher.dat)

NOTE: If you followed those tweaks a few pages back to insert the slot0x25KeyX.bin into rxTools.dat, you can't use that modified copy with this, it won't boot. I'm SO glad that was brought up, because otherwise I'd still be puzzling that out, hahah

The slot key and rxtools ( from the op) are two seperate files. You're saying i would need to get an official rxtools from the main website in order to do your mset method?

If so, will the official rxtools allow me to run GBA cia?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it with FBI (stupid me, was looking at the bottom screen only) but it still doesn't boot into the game, only blackness.

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The slot key and rxtools ( from the op) are two seperate files. You're saying i would need to get an official rxtools from the main website in order to do your mset method?

If so, will the official rxtools allow me to run GBA cia?

Nonono. A few pages back in this thread, AHP_person listed some tweaks you could do with HxD that could insert the slot key into your rxTools.dat so you'd only need the one file. IF you did that, it won't work with the explanation I just gave. Either of the versions taken straight from the front page of this thread will work, you just need to have slot0x25KeyX.bin on your SD card with it.

Edit: Oh, but I think you WILL need the firmware.bin you have to download using cdn_firm.exe in the package from the rxTools website. And by the way, after those code.bin's are installed, you just go to System Settings -> Other Settings -> Nintendo DS Profile to boot whichever.

Last edited by Jaitsu,

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it with FBI (stupid me, was looking at the bottom screen only) but it still doesn't boot into the game, only blackness.

Maybe you're not in RXtools emunand when you launch the CIA.

Otherwise, rip your legally obtained copy of Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland ( U ) , then download this footer, https://gbatemp.net/attachments/kirby-nightmare-in-dream-land-zip.20198/, build a CIA of it, install using FBI and test it.

Also, did you install to NAND or SD when you did that 0003x342 whatever ARM cia?

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in RXtools, i booted it from RXtools after the browser link.

Also, did you install to NAND or SD when you did that 0003x342 whatever ARM cia? <==have no idea what you're talking about, i have GW emunand on SD AFAIK

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in RXtools, i booted it from RXtools after the browser link.

Also, did you install to NAND or SD when you did that 0003x342 whatever ARM cia? <==have no idea what you're talking about, i have GW emunand on SD AFAIK

When you installed the CIA that you downloaded and PATCHED from the ARG Firm, was it 3665, and did you install it to SD Card, or NAND using FBI?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i installed it NAND after deleting it under fbi cause i couldn't overwrite it.

Try this :
- Put the 3ds version of BBM or FBI in your gateway micro sd card
- Go to the gateway menu
- Hold b and choose boot sysnand gateway mode
- Open FBI or BBM and install your game.
- Return in the rxmode an try to launch the game again.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic but does anyone know how to use the footer program for GBA roms?

And i'll let Versehell take it from here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....