Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i installed the FBI CIA version, should i stay in GW Emunand, or revert back to regular sysnand to install rxtools?

I think im almost done

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got the file downloaded including the firmware *943kb*. what is the replace the rxTools.dat witht he patched one? not the one in the rar?

This is what you must have in your sd card :
- The firmware.bin
- The patched version of rxTools.dat
- the slot0x25KeyX.bin file filled with the 7.X key if your sysnand version is under 7.X (can't link it here).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i installed the FBI CIA version, should i stay in GW Emunand, or revert back to regular sysnand to install rxtools?

I think im almost done

Exit the gw mode and setup rxTools.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, what I'm asking is, what is this patched version of rxTools.dat? Is it different than one from the rar? if anything, i downloaded the 2.4. i read is how to but mentions nothing about patched version

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, what I'm asking is, what is this patched version of rxTools.dat? Is it different than one from the rar? if anything, i downloaded the 2.4. i read is how to but mentions nothing about patched version

The rxTools.dat included in the rar can only be used with legit content, that's why you have to replace it with the patched one.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok, and that's where the 1st post comes in.

says
launch.rxTools.net is invalid . with http:// it loads some airline page

nvm, spelled rx as rc...but it gave me an error and to reboot my system or something of that nature

Last edited by djricekcn,

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, it booted up rxtools (it doesn't boot all the time, just had to keep trying). Now, which thread had that gba to 3ds converter thing? Is it just go into DEV MENU and install it like the 3DS CIA? I'm assuming i have to be on that RX-E firmware to boot it, and not GW firmware?

login721

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install the game to sysnand or emunand? If you installed to sysnand, try uninstalling it and re-installing it while running rxTools. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Edit: Oh and make sure you have the right region version too

I installed it to emunand .My emunand is 9.7.0-25J , the cia is USA region.Other USA cias work, but legit cias not work .

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i clicked launched rxtools with the browser, and now it's giving me a black screen.

Do you put the firmware.bin on your sd card?
If your sysnand versionis under 7.X, did you put the slot0x25KeyX.bin file on your sd card? Is it filled with the 7.X key?

OK, it booted up rxtools (it doesn't boot all the time, just had to keep trying). Now, which thread had that gba to 3ds converter thing? Is it just go into DEV MENU and install it like the 3DS CIA? I'm assuming i have to be on that RX-E firmware to boot it, and not GW firmware?

Yes but to use the gba games :
- You have to install the patched agb_firm.
- your sysnand and your emunand must be linked.

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it to emunand .My emunand is 9.7.0-25J , the cia is USA region.Other USA cias work, but legit cias not work .

Strange. I've had legit CIAs not appear before, but that was because I installed to sysnand and had to copy over the ticket.db to make it work. (don't do this if your emuNAND isn't on the same firmware version as your sysNAND)

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are there any advantages to keeping palentine CFW over the patched RxTools anymore? It seems like rxtools could replace the cfw, for having 7.x support, much more stable launching, and it supports the latest system update. I'm wondering if I should get rid of the cfw and free up the extra space that the REDNAND partition takes up.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you put the firmware.bin on your sd card?
If your sysnand versionis under 7.X, did you put the slot0x25KeyX.bin file on your sd card? Is it filled with the 7.X key?

Yes but to use the gba games :
- You have to install the patched agb_firm.
- your sysnand and your emunand must be linked.

what is this agb_firm? and i assume it's linked cause i see everything on sysnand (the CIA's I Installed previously), now between the three firmwares (SYS, GW, RX)

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are there any advantages to keeping palentine CFW over the patched RxTools anymore? It seems like rxtools could replace the cfw, for having 7.x support, much more stable launching, and it supports the latest system update. I'm wondering if I should get rid of the cfw and free up the extra space that the REDNAND partition takes up.

At present, the only benefit I know of that Palantine presently has over rxTools is its ability to receive cia's over the network. Once you have a cia installer like FBI or BBB on your 3DS, rxTools can take over.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you type 0004013800000202 in title and 3665 in version?
Also, 3DNUS and make_cdn_cia.exe must be in the the same folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRVjiaM88Y