Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have emunand updated to the latest firmware using the rxtools in this thread. Once i backup my games via gateway, how do I go about launching them? Also, can i transfer save files? Finally, I'd like to play RF4 since it hasn't been released in the EU physically, if I import it , how would I go about playing it. I've read that I'll need Bigbluemenu and palantine cfw? Where do i go from here to achieve this? Also, another guide said I should've installed NVRAM before emunand.
Backup games as in .3ds files? You put them in the mSD card in the gateway. If you do t own a gateway, then you must convert them to .cia format and install them. NVRAM... Nothing to do with anything you're mentioning. That's just what you need to launch the GW menu from system settings, and it goes in sysnand, not emunand.

Reactions: Dt123

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just heard of this and I'm highly confused...I need a cfw of some sort to make load my own gba games? Gateway only will not suffice? I have no idea what instructions to use cause the first post was not very clear to me.

godstriker8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I'm still learning how this emunand works. Icon and theme changes in emunand affect sysnand, right? And it's also normal that exiting system settings in emunand puts me back to sysnand, right?

I just want to make sure this is normal behaviour before I go ahead and update my emunand. I don't want it to somehow update my sysnand because I screwed up.

The system settings says "RX-E" so I should theoretically be good to go right?

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm still learning how this emunand works. Icon and theme changes in emunand affect sysnand, right? And it's also normal that exiting system settings in emunand puts me back to sysnand, right?

I just want to make sure this is normal behaviour before I go ahead and update my emunand. I don't want it to somehow update my sysnand because I screwed up.

The system settings says "RX-E" so I should theoretically be good to go right?

Once you create an emuNAND, certain things may act strange, such as some changes you make on one appearing on the other, while other changes don't. It all depends on whether the data is saved to the NAND or the SD card. But at any rate - if your system settings say "RX-E" then yes, you are in emuNAND, and are safe to update. But another guy I was talking to recently made a mistake and backed out of system settings and then updated his sysNAND. Just remember a few things:

1. "RX-E," "GW3D," or "MT-E" depending on your launcher, mean that you are *presently* in emuNAND.
2. If you are updating, enter System Settings, check the version number, and go directly to Other Settings -> System Update, do not pass go, do not collect $200, go directly there.
3. Never ever ever say yes to one of the "A system update is available"/"You must update to run this software" popups that appears on your home menu, or you're liable to update SysNAND. These are sneaky and like to pop up right after you just left System Settings and are thus in sysNAND.
4. No updating from games, either.

When in doubt, back up your sysNAND so you can do a $30 hard mod later on down the line to rescue it in the event that you screw up. :D

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also,
Okay I'm still learning how this emunand works. Icon and theme changes in emunand affect sysnand, right?
That only happens when your Nands are linked (as in, they both use the same ID found in your SD card's "Nintendo 3DS" folder). They both read all the contents in that one folder. Never EVER open "data management" while in sysnand if your nands are linked because it will delete every CIA you installed on emunand. You should probably unlink if you want to avoid that risk.

DanielC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully booted rxtools and it returned to the 3DS menu but I don't know how I can install homebrew from here...

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I successfully booted rxtools and it returned to the 3DS menu but I don't know how I can install homebrew from here...
You need to install a CIA installer first. You can do it:
a)downgrading+installing pbt+network transfer
b)ninjhax+pastacfw+fbi
c)gateway

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Some of the cias i install doesnt show up in the menu but i can run them from dev menu, could someone tell me how to fix this?

AHP_person

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the cias i install doesnt show up in the menu but i can run them from dev menu, could someone tell me how to fix this?
That means they aren't from your region. This isn't region free.
Can we use this .dat with the MSET Xploit?
Yes, refer to the original rxTools thread.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me links in order on what to do with this. lets just assume it's a fresh start with either Cubic Ninja or Gateway available up until trying to get a GBA game installed

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me links in order on what to do with this. lets just assume it's a fresh start with either Cubic Ninja or Gateway available up until trying to get a GBA game installed

As is written, this is a loaded question. The process can be done one of several ways, depending on what your current firmware is, but at a high level, one could get into gateway's launcher with a basically empty SD card, set up emuNAND, run pasta, run FBI, install either FBI/dev menu/big blue/red menu to the emunand, and copy over the files you need to get rxTools booting (there's more than one way for this to be booted as well)

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone just make a noob friendly step by step from the very beginning in english not spanish tutorial on how to install this or any other cfw? Over 50 pages of text assuming that the user is coming from an existing CFW and knows what they're doing.

Otherwise, this thread is just a bunch of random statements and questions that have already been asked that ultimately lead to nowhere.

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to use System Settings to update, after making sure it says RX-E instead of Ver. If you do that, you're safe.

For some reason my Preparing Home Menu took a little over 14 minutes after launching RxTools. Thankfully, it worked eventually. I appreciate the help.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone just make a noob friendly step by step from the very beginning in english not spanish tutorial on how to install this or any other cfw? Over 50 pages of text assuming that the user is coming from an existing CFW and knows what they're doing.

Otherwise, this thread is just a bunch of random statements and questions that have already been asked that ultimately lead to nowhere.

3DS model or 2DS? Firmware? I've went through the same experience as yours but I managed thanks to Versehell and I also read some tutorials on this site.

I can help you if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg