Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aesc90

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested the hack, it works (had one crash though), though I take it a flashcard is still needed since you can't directly install DevMenu/BBM/FBI without one?

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after I've installed the EmuNAND and RxTools is setup to use it I don't need Cubic Ninja in to play the games that I've backed up?

Also, is there any way to force unlock everything in SSB4? I have everything unlocked on my retail cart but no matter how many times I've tried the save is always corrupted when I try to bring it in to the 3ds->CIA dumped version that I have.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know you have to hold L during the first boot of PBT-CFW, but my L is busted... is there anyway I can boot without it? This is the only thing that's been holding me from installing a cfw, I've tried repairing it (bought the buttons and screwdrivers) but almost all the inside screws are stripped and I can't take them out :c
You can manually change the boot buttons, but I don't remember what are them anymore, but you will probably fine this here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So after I've installed the EmuNAND and RxTools is setup to use it I don't need Cubic Ninja in to play the games that I've backed up?

Cubic ninja is not needed at all since you can use PBT-CFW.
So yes.

Aquaboy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After loading rxMode, I went to the system settings to make sure it worked. Upon exiting system settings I got stuck on a black screen. After rebooting with/without SD-card/gamepad multiple times all it does is show a black screen.

I can still get into forced update mode, but that's it. Is there a way to get out of the black screen without needing to update?

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know you have to hold L during the first boot of PBT-CFW, but my L is busted... is there anyway I can boot without it? This is the only thing that's been holding me from installing a cfw, I've tried repairing it (bought the buttons and screwdrivers) but almost all the inside screws are stripped and I can't take them out :c

Use TRICK instead : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-x-cfw-with-customizable-boot-options.388071/
Edit : Now that I think about it, I don't know if trick has a server mode, but you can also manually edit the boot.bin : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pbt-cfw-import-cias-on-your-sysnand.383242/page-2#post-5381068

Last edited by VerseHell,
Reactions: AmoDelQueso

jernk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested the hack, it works (had one crash though), though I take it a flashcard is still needed since you can't directly install DevMenu/BBM/FBI without one?
Downgrade to 4.x using GW's firmware via spider, install MSET through spider, and then install devmenu/bbm/fbi with PBT cfw. No flashcard needed

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry if this was asked many times, but I really looked at many different posts and I'm just getting confused.
So here's what I have :
I got a 3ds xl in 4.5, successfully installed some cias that I downloaded online which work on v4.5 using palantine CFW.
now I want to use rxtools because : 1- it has more chance to work (unlike palantine which needs to be launched atleast 3 times to work) since this 3ds I'm setting up is for my niece. 2- from what I understood, with rxtools I can run installed cias of games that work on higher firmware version.

My question is, how would I go about doing this without losing all the games I installed using palantine ?

Thank you.

R23D2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i am new to this.

i have a 2 x old 3ds, both are on 9.2 firmware. i installed the new rxtools. works great.

i have an orginal fire emblem awakening, which i like to back up and then play on the other 3DS.

could i just make a backup. then copy the backup on sd card and play it using rxtools?

or would i first need to go to firmware 4.5 then install emunand , create cia etc.

i just like the most easy solution without using gateway card, cubic ninja etc.

thanks in advance.

AmoDelQueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

AmoDelQueso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm on 4.5 downgraded from 9.2, once I install DevMenu on emunand can I restore to 9.2 and use emunand for cias without problems?

Reactions: bobmcjr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la