Rxtools will not boot with CtrBootManager-1.2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kublai, Nov 29, 2015.

1. kublai
    OP

kublai GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2008
    United States
    I downgraed my old 3ds xl emunand from 10.3 to 9.20 us and my Meunand stopped booting as I get a grey and white screen so I started from scratch. Before I reformatted my SDCard I booted up to sysnand and used the web browser to access Rxtools which flashed the Rxtools screen then turned back and does nothing. I reformatted the SDCard and followed the Tut to reinstall cfw.

At this point I am able to boot into Homebrew channel just fine using emunand 9.20-20 and sysnand 9.2.0-20. When I installed the CtrBootManager-1.2 by coping the boot.3dsx and boot.cfg to my SDCard and renamed my old boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx and choose to boot from RXtools the screen would glicth and turned grey and white again. I deleted the boot.cfg and boot3.3dsx and renamed boot_hb.3dsx then my #DS would bootup to the Homebrew channel from coldboot. I tried the latest nighlty build of RXtools and get the same results. Anyone have any ideas?

2. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    First you should confirm that your downgraded emuNAND shouldn't be linked to SysNAND.
    Otherwise it will take an infinity loop of coldboot.

Second you need to confirm that you're using Menuhax 2.0 which fixes the O3DS bootrate.
    If Menuhax 2.0 doesn't work, you need to adjust the value inside boot.cfg.
    If adjusting doesn't work again, come back to CBM 1.0.

Last edited by MelonGx, Nov 29, 2015