Hacking rxtools and gateway, best friends?

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using gateway on my 4.2 o3ds for I while which has been great but I liked the idea of autoboot so I upgraded to 9.0 and installed rxtools and setup menuhax with autoboot.

Everything is working fine but I want to know if there is a way I can still use my gateway without having to go back to sysnand and using the browser or cubic ninja. Is there an option in rxtools to boot gateway or an entrypoint in the emunand itself? I tried using cubic ninja on emunand but it crashed and reboot my system.

Because of my line of work I go for months at a time without internet which is why the mset exploit on 4.2 was so great. I also know that i could use cia's of everything but it feels like such a shame to have the card sitting around doing nothing.

D

Deleted-236924

You can install CN cia on sysnand, boot into rxmode sysnand to launch it and use the GW exploit through it.
(Either rxmode or devmode would work, just need sig checks patched.)

Another option would be to get minipasta and have it as a boot option on CTRBootManager. That boots sysnand with just sig check patches which should let you run an installed Cubic ninja .cia to get to GW Launcher.

It doesn't work from emunand likely because your emunand is higher than 9.2

minipasta

Create a new entry in your CTRBootManager boot list for it, and then all you have to do is hold the right key when starting up autoboot menuhax (the one you set in your CBM config file), select minipasta, should load sysnand with sig checks patched and you can run CN from there.

Last edited by ,

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I forgot to mention in my last post: I tried cubic ninja on my sysnand also using the sky3ds. Everytime I scanned the QR code my system froze and I had to hold the power button to reset. Is there a high failure rate for this exploit?

I will try the cia through minipasta. Maybe it will solve my problem.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I forgot to mention in my last post: I tried cubic ninja on my sysnand also using the sky3ds. Everytime I scanned the QR code my system froze and I had to hold the power button to reset. Is there a high failure rate for this exploit?

I will try the cia through minipasta. Maybe it will solve my problem.

Wasn't the Cubic Ninja method only for N3DS?

I'm pretty sure Gatewait didn't bother to port downgraded mset neither Cubic Ninja for o3DS, only N3DS...

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, I don't own one.

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the Cubic Ninja method only for N3DS?

I'm pretty sure Gatewait didn't bother to port downgraded mset neither Cubic Ninja for o3DS, only N3DS...

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, I don't own one.

In their user guide it has the instructions for Cubic Ninja on the o3ds.

Nevermind, I'm dumb. So what are my other options?

Last edited by Bu2d85,
Reactions: Tony_93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...