Rx Tools GBA Cia

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Leo2nardo, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Leo2nardo
    OP

Leo2nardo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    I have RX tools and emunand. Is it possible to install GBA cias like in pasta cfw on rxtools. If possible, what RX tools version, and files required. There is a file in the root of the SD where are the rxtools files are called rxtoolsgbads.dat . does that file have anything to do with this. I've also heard it is possible? Is it? How can you do it? Thanks!

2. Pink Gold Peach

Pink Gold Peach Random Person

Jan 30, 2015
    United States
    I want to know too.

3. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Research a little.

You can create/download GBA Virtual Console CIAs to import through DevMenu/FBI, but if you are using a N3DS, you will need to patch your AGB_FIRM so it is compatable with injected/custom GBA CIAs. If you are using an O3DS or 2DS, then you can just choose the rxtools dev mode option in 'Advanced Settings'.

4. Tech Freek

Tech Freek Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    if you wanna install gba vc games on old 3ds you have to first boot into minipasta, install gba game with FBI/big blue menu etc, so you have the gba game on your sysnand homescreen, then boot into RXtools and install the same gba game, then it will launch no problem. it works for me. not sure about new 3ds like voxel said you will have to patch AGB_FIRM.