• Views 2,286
  • Replies 15

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rx 480, you mean. Also, GX 1060 is better, because of less draw from the wall, and more performance. Well, a tiny bit. They are both good cards, but you'll be saving yourself from incompatible games in the future if you buy a GTX 1060.

Last edited by DKB,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's recommended to buy 1060?

Yes. That's just my recommendation, though. I've seen reports of the RX 480, and the rumors about it frying motherboards, but, doubt those are true. But, if I was going to buy a new graphics cards, personally, I'd go with a 1060 or a 1070. I dislike AMD because of issues with it, so, yeah.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
They both are of different price points. RX 480 and GTX 1060 destroy 1080p gaming but aren't quite there at 1440p
Since DX12 has Asynchronous compute support, AMD will get an advantage thanks to their hardware level support for the same. Nvidia's implementation is software based so there is only so much they can do. This should be noticeable in the upcoming DX12 titles.
I'd go with the RX480 since it's cheaper and technically more future proof.

Last edited by raystriker,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They both are of different price points. RX 480 and GTX 1060 destroy 1080p gaming but aren't quite there at 1440p
Since DX12 has Asynchronous compute support, AMD will get an advantage thanks to their hardware level support for the same. Nvidia's implementation is software based so there is only so much they can do. This should be noticeable in the upcoming DX12 titles.
I'd go with the RX480 since it's cheaper and technically more future proof.
There is something to be said about Nvidia's Pascal-exclusive software, though

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The RX 480 can do crossfire while the 1060 doesn't have SLI. Is that a consideration or has dual-GPU setups fallen out of favor?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The RX 480 can do crossfire while the 1060 doesn't have SLI. Is that a consideration or has dual-GPU setups fallen out of favor?

Fallen out of favour recently with quite a few recent games either not supporting it at all, or being broken or taking a while.

Outside of that, it's really not mentioned because most will agree that if it's a available, then a single card solution is better, so you only really see Xfire/sli when it's two of the high end cards as there isn't a single card solution that outperfoms it. In this case most would go with a 1070/1080 rather than xfire 480s.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fallen out of favour recently with quite a few recent games either not supporting it at all, or being broken or taking a while.

Outside of that, it's really not mentioned because most will agree that if it's a available, then a single card solution is better, so you only really see Xfire/sli when it's two of the high end cards as there isn't a single card solution that outperfoms it. In this case most would go with a 1070/1080 rather than xfire 480s.
Although there is something to be said for most AAA developer's support of AMD multi-GPU setups

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/