RVP(Ransomware Virus Protection)

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by 7iven8Nine, May 18, 2016.

1. 7iven8Nine
    OP

7iven8Nine Shrek's Memelord

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    I was curious on how to prevent a Ransomware Virus from completely destroying someone's computer files, so I did some research and came up with this program. It creates a backup of the file with a file extension of your choice. This way, if the file type is not a recognizable file type by the virus, it doesn't get encrypted. You guys can improve this code or use it in your projects if you want.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/2rb668f1m5lb5os/RVP+Master.zip

2. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    "Tired of getting viruses from downloading files from questionable sources? Put a stop to it by downloading this file from a questionable source!"

3. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    You can scan it before you open it and sometimes you don't have to download anything to get a ransomware virus. But hey, you do you.

4. antiswirl

antiswirl Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2008
  5. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    You don't have to register to use this one and you can tweak the code to your liking.

6. PolarKoala

PolarKoala Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    United States
    It might be worth noting that popular and widespread ransomware sometimes end up receiving a program designed to decrypt the files.

7. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    I don't have a background of hitting people with viruses. Also considering I've been here for awhile and have other downloads up, you can assume I'm not sending viruses over this. Four people have also downloaded this and no one has posted anything or reported it.

Attached Files:

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Given such things now hit network file shares and we have drive level encryption on as standard for a lot of devices (I see it in cheapo tablets these days so yeah) then the only way is to have offline (and offsite if you are doing it properly) backups. Hope you had fun making it but I really do not see the merit to this.

9. 7iven8Nine
    OP

Nov 29, 2014
    United States
    Here
    The whole point of this is to make backups of files with random extensions (.ffs .ggdf .dsdfgfd or any other string of letters) to where it isn't recognizable by anything including the virus. There is a good chance that the virus would target the file extensions of the backup files made by other programs. There are also variants that still target files on the hard drive and they are very accessible to basically anyone who wants it via both the Deep Web and the Clear Net. I made this specifically for offline variants and web-based variants of the virus for computers without proper browser filtering or that are generally open for a physical attack specifically using the virus "Hidden-Tear" or similar randsomware viruses.

10. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Not useful for Linux systems. Someone with root can just chattr +i the entire /home directory, making this entirely useless.