OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
I installed a Wiikey, and I inserted the 1.2 Config disc, it doesn't recognize it. I burned all the other discs on this page, and none of them work:

http://www.maartennaaier.nl/nintendo/133/w...e-download.html

Is there a specific way to boot into the firmware or something? We tried reset button, but that just showed a black screen.

-CPOStudios

CPOStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have burned every damn ISO on the internet to a disc. GCOS, Filechop, 1.3, 1.2, 1.9g, from different sources even. I used DVD-R, DVD+R, everything. I tried it several times. I restarted the Wii after each disc.

Please explain how this works. Do you turn your Wii on, and it boots into the firmware? For me, it goes to the Wii main menu, the disc stops spinning, and it can't read the disc. All the "read me" docs from the ISO say "burn ISO, put in Wii" then it tells you how to navigate the disc.

Here's my solder job, taken with a nice macro lens:
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5881/img3476zg7.jpg

I honestly have no idea what to do. I even tried running Smash, to no avail obviously. My Wii still plays NTSC-U Wii games (it's an NTSC-U Wii) and GCN games fine. Everything works, except the Wiikey.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not a solderer, so I can't verify your install, but it sounds to me like it could be two things.

A: Bad install
or
B: DOA Wiikey

If your install is good, contact the store you bought it from and try to get a new Wiikey

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
have you updated your Wiikey to 1.9G?
i recall that the 3.0 update (of the Wii..) blocks some homebrew discs from booting, and that 1.9b "unlocked" that feature again? ( am i right?)
try updating your firmware, then try the config disc again

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
You may have put too much "solder" (don't know what's the exact term) on your Wiikey. It look likes you didn't heat soldering points so all your soldering wire stayed on your modchip

Sorry for this explanation >

CPOStudios

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
i recall that the 3.0 update (of the Wii..) blocks some homebrew discs from booting, and that 1.9b "unlocked" that feature again? ( am i right?)

Yeah, I updated right after install to 3.u.

Shuny: I appreciate your help, but I don't want to get into that unless someone who really knows their stuffs confirms your observation. If others back you up, I'll definitely try a re-solder. Thanks. Does too much solder affect it really, if the solder isn't touching anything else?

If someone confirms my install, I'm going to have a talk with the people who sold it to me. It's not a clone either, must be defective or something... God, I'm one of the few people who legitimately purchased a Japanese copy of the game and I get screwed over on the chip (hypothetically screwed over, if a good install is confirmed.)

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France

Yeah, I updated right after install to 3.u.

Shuny: I appreciate your help, but I don't want to get into that unless someone who really knows their stuffs confirms your observation. If others back you up, I'll definitely try a re-solder. Thanks. Does too much solder affect it really, if the solder isn't touching anything else?

If someone confirms my install, I'm going to have a talk with the people who sold it to me. It's not a clone either, must be defective or something... God, I'm one of the few people who legitimately purchased a Japanese copy of the game and I get screwed over on the chip (hypothetically screwed over, if a good install is confirmed.)
I understand
wink.gif
But the chances to have a defective modchip are something like inexistant that's why i'm thinking about a soldering problem
wink.gif

Anyway, good luck and nice picture btw, how did you do that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro