Hacking Running new games on old 3DS

Rhysling

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

I just read that it is not possible to run some of the new 3ds games (like Xenoblade Chronicles) on old devices. I have an old 3ds and a Sky3ds+ card. My question is : Is it possible to run these new games on old devices using Sky3ds or maybe using a homebrew application?

Thank you in advance.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is only 2 games that are N3DS exclusive, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and no you can not play them in an o3DS by any means, these games make use of the enhanced processor of the NEW 3DS, is not like Nintendo blocked them for the lolz you know...

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There is only 2 games that are N3DS exclusive, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and no you can not play them in an o3DS by any means, these games make use of the enhanced processor of the NEW 3DS, is not like Nintendo blocked them for the lolz you know...
Technically, just one, since Binding of Isaac's N3DS exclusivety came from devs themselves, which was not nintendo.
Apparently Pinball arcade will be also N3DS exclusive or have two different versions where N3DS will be a full fledged one just because the added CPU power lets the devs fully emulate everything they want (yes pinball arcade emulated the dotmatrix systems etc.)

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*chews on popcorn* this is going to end well. account just joined today.

the Old 3DS's CPU is lower and lacks the l2 Cache of the New3DS's CPU, N3DS exclusives make use of the new clockspeed & l2 Cache. and that "XenobladeChronicles on O3DS" video was fake with the user running it in hans clocking it to the O3DS speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: