Running new games on old 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rhysling, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Rhysling
    OP

Rhysling Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hello guys,

I just read that it is not possible to run some of the new 3ds games (like Xenoblade Chronicles) on old devices. I have an old 3ds and a Sky3ds+ card. My question is : Is it possible to run these new games on old devices using Sky3ds or maybe using a homebrew application?

Thank you in advance.

2. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    no

Tony_93 and PokeAcer like this.
  3. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    There is only 2 games that are N3DS exclusive, Xenoblade Chronicles and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth and no you can not play them in an o3DS by any means, these games make use of the enhanced processor of the NEW 3DS, is not like Nintendo blocked them for the lolz you know...

4. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Technically, just one, since Binding of Isaac's N3DS exclusivety came from devs themselves, which was not nintendo.
    Apparently Pinball arcade will be also N3DS exclusive or have two different versions where N3DS will be a full fledged one just because the added CPU power lets the devs fully emulate everything they want (yes pinball arcade emulated the dotmatrix systems etc.)

5. reddragon105

reddragon105 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2008
    :wacko:

Quantumcat, Tony_93 and Zephir1991 like this.
  6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    *chews on popcorn* this is going to end well. account just joined today.

the Old 3DS's CPU is lower and lacks the l2 Cache of the New3DS's CPU, N3DS exclusives make use of the new clockspeed & l2 Cache. and that "XenobladeChronicles on O3DS" video was fake with the user running it in hans clocking it to the O3DS speed.

7. Rhysling
    OP

Rhysling Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you for your answers.