Gaming Running games in DX9 mode in Vista

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone know how to get this to work? I read something, that you could just change it in the game menu, but found nothing

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some games have the option ingame in the option some games u have to right click the extension (desktop Icon) and on the bit that says target write -dx9

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sir-Fritz said:
What game is it your trying to run?

Various, especially crysis and WoW...got around 20-35 frames on high settings in WoW...in DX9 above 50
smile.gif
(on a IGP (ATI HD3200))

Thanks for the answer!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoW is already running at DirectX9. It's slower because the game was graphically improved in some old areas with the release of Lich King, or maybe you forgot to turn some settings off? shaders and the full-screen glow are the biggest lag-causers.

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Linkiboy said:
WoW is already running at DirectX9. It's slower because the game was graphically improved in some old areas with the release of Lich King, or maybe you forgot to turn some settings off? shaders and the full-screen glow are the biggest lag-causers.

hm funny...I seem to get better frame rates with this DX 9 thingy...maybe it's just a placebo effect...I've turned off character shadows and glows..but the rest on high

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a