Hacking Running games in 50hz?

Generation 16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change the Wii U settings to run games in 50hz on a US Wii U? I know PAL Wii U's can do it natively, wondering if it would be possible to do it on a NTSC one.

D

Deleted User

This is not possible in the Wii U settings, the Wii U (I think) auto-detects which refresh rate to use based on your cord (composite/component/HDMI) and your TV.

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is not possible in the Wii U settings, the Wii U (I think) auto-detects which refresh rate to use based on your cord (composite/component/HDMI) and your TV.

Yeah, but the Wii U does have some librairy to manage TV Settings / Screen stuff (avm.rpl etc...) Some i think a homebrew may change it

Like create a thread with the function as entr point + hertz argument

D

Deleted User

I think it could be possible but nobody wants to code it for such a small minority. Why do you need it at 50hz?

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it could be possible but nobody wants to code it for such a small minority. Why do you need it at 50hz?

I'll see what can i do (If i'm able to find a function to set refresh rate)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: There is actually some function to modify it but they need to be ported to C, but asm to C ... Is how to say... A subliminal mindblowing shit for me

Reactions: Deleted User

Generation 16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, figured no one else would reply so I haven't been here in a while.
Basically, Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U 50hz has a much faster walking speed than 60hz for some reason. This is very useful for speedruns, but since it's only accessible to PAL owners so NTSC owners have to import a PAL Wii U, which is obviously expensive. I was hoping for a something that could import that feature to NTSC Wii Us.

Reactions: KaedesPiano

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bump, figured no one else would reply so I haven't been here in a while.
Basically, Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii U 50hz has a much faster walking speed than 60hz for some reason. This is very useful for speedruns, but since it's only accessible to PAL owners so NTSC owners have to import a PAL Wii U, which is obviously expensive. I was hoping for a something that could import that feature to NTSC Wii Us.
You can manually set it using an USB loader

KaedesPiano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be what you're looking for now that the homebrew scene has become more active, you will need the Aroma CFW to install this though.

https://github.com/Lynx64/WiiVCLaunch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: The Wii version ran alot better