Homebrew Running emulators from postloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just me but I couldn't find any documentation on how to use postloader's emulator menu. When I run it I get an error that says check ploader/plugins.conf, but there is no file by that name and all the other conf files are blank, with an empty conf folder as well. I have n64 roms as well as sega roms, as well as emulators for them in homebrew. Anyone have an easy step-by-step to get it working with postloader?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's see...here's how to do things:

1. get both the latest postloader and the latest plugin package from this site (as of writing, it's 4.0.5 and plugin pack 3).
2. install postloader as described in the .zip file. The content of the plugins..zip file go in your \ploader folder. So on SD, it would look SD:\ploader\plugins.conf, SD:\ploader\plugins\fceugx.dol, and so on.
3. open the \ploader\plugins.conf file with notepad. After the rom is the directory where postloader expects you to place your roms (this is pretty much standard: genesis roms go in /genplus/roms and N64 ones go in /wii64/roms, to name a few)
4. start postloader.
5. press the 'down button while pointing the wiimote to your screen (or select the emu-thingy from the list).
6. it should display your roms now. If needed, you can set up some filters with the '2'-button (e.g. if you only want to see N64 games).
7. start whatever game you want by doubleclicking on it. :)

Reactions: 1 person

fwb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...here's how to do things:

1. get both the latest postloader and the latest plugin package from this site (as of writing, it's 4.0.5 and plugin pack 3).
2. install postloader as described in the .zip file. The content of the plugins..zip file go in your \ploader folder. So on SD, it would look SD:\ploader\plugins.conf, SD:\ploader\plugins\fceugx.dol, and so on.
3. open the \ploader\plugins.conf file with notepad. After the rom is the directory where postloader expects you to place your roms (this is pretty much standard: genesis roms go in /genplus/roms and N64 ones go in /wii64/roms, to name a few)
4. start postloader.
5. press the 'down button while pointing the wiimote to your screen (or select the emu-thingy from the list).
6. it should display your roms now. If needed, you can set up some filters with the '2'-button (e.g. if you only want to see N64 games).
7. start whatever game you want by doubleclicking on it. :)

Perfect, got it working, thank you for this great guide. Wish there were more guides like this out there.

edit: any easy way to get all the covers? couldn't find anything on google.
edit2: NVM, they're right there in the sticky!

Reactions: game_rat

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...the thing is lots of things are still in development. I remember some discussions on whether to include the plugins.conf file with postloader or with the plugins, and what they should contain. So a guide like that is pretty much created on the fly. Not that it'll be radically different in a couple of months, but it's not impossible either.

But thanks anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...