Homebrew Running CFW fine for a while, SD card suddenly stopped loading game files. How can I fix?

Gressil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed godmode9, boot9strap, luma, fbi, cia, homebrew launcher, DSi Twlight Menu ++, the updaters, and all that. Even got the custom CIA Injector working fine.

Then after I added some 3DS Homebrew, NDS homebrew to try to launch it in Twilight Menu ++, and two CIAs from a site (Samus Returns and Metroid Federation Force), my 3DS generated an error, it was some type of "exception" if I recall correctly. I dumped the error to the directory and I do have the error file if someone wants to see it.

Anyway, I had a hunch on which file it was, and I deleted that file (which was BrewMan). After that the system stopped giving exceptions and booted fine, except the games and programs were not loading. I can still boot into luma and godmode, but it would not load the files from my SD card.

I've already restored my Nand backup and that just reverted my 3DS destkop. No SD card functionality change.
Then I recreated the old file structure to exacts, just in case something was wrong there. No change.

I can, however, boot the homebrew menu via the download menu method and launch FBI to browse files. So there has to be a way to fix this?

Is my SD card toast? To be honest I am quite stumped and really worried.

Solution
That’s too complex for the ASK! Section… But I will try anyway:

It might be a corrupted/fake/defect SD:
Copy all your data from the SD to a computer and reformat the card (if you are using Windows and your SD is bigger than 32GB, use Guiformat. Check the freshly formatted card:
Windows Linux OS X
If you get any errors, replace the SD. If you get no errors, copy your data back on the SD.

It might also have been bad CIA file(s): Try another version.

Restoring the NAND will revert any installed tickets and saves from system titles (games/apps installed after the NAND-backup will be ignored because of missing tickets and will be shown with an “X” in System...

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That’s too complex for the ASK! Section… But I will try anyway:

It might be a corrupted/fake/defect SD:
Copy all your data from the SD to a computer and reformat the card (if you are using Windows and your SD is bigger than 32GB, use Guiformat. Check the freshly formatted card:
Windows Linux OS X
If you get any errors, replace the SD. If you get no errors, copy your data back on the SD.

It might also have been bad CIA file(s): Try another version.

Restoring the NAND will revert any installed tickets and saves from system titles (games/apps installed after the NAND-backup will be ignored because of missing tickets and will be shown with an “X” in System Settings/Data Management). As important as NAND-backups are… NAND-restore is not the first thing to try – depending on when the image was created you may lose some data.

In the worst case, if everything else fails, you might have to repeat the finalizing setup and reinstall all your games. NOTE: Reinstalling a CIA file will delete the save of the game! If your care for any saves, you will have to try backing up them before re-installing the game(s).

Edit: The ASK! section does not highlight the links. Guiformat, Windows, Linux, OS X (and some more) above are links

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag