Running 5.03 Prometheus, now what?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by SinRG, Aug 4, 2010.

Aug 4, 2010
  1. SinRG
    OP

Newcomer SinRG Member

Canada
    I got 5.03 Prometheus installed on my PSP 3000 but I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. Am I suppose to jump to the M33 firmwares now, and if so, how? Also, is there a way to rip ISOs from UMDs?

Thanks.

EDIT: I shut off my PSP and turned it back on. I got ChickHEN R2 to run, got 5.03 GEN-C (FULL) to run, but now when I try Prometheus, it doesn't work anymore.

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    1)I'm not exactly sure you know what you're asking about.

2)But yes, insert game, press select, make USB DEVICE into UMD, connect PC with PSP via USB, copy the ISO you're seeing in the removable drive, disconnect PSP when done, select again, same option, change it to Memory Stick.

3. SinRG
    OP

Newcomer SinRG Member

Canada
    1) Sorry, I just did some research. Apparently Prometheus is the last step; it's the ISO that's messed up.
    2) Alright I'll check that out.

Finally... I can't seem to get 5.03 Prometheus running anymore. I get ChickHEN R2 running, then I get 5.03 GEN C (FULL) running, but when I go to run 5.03 Prometheus, it boots in and then boots right out.

EDIT: Thank you Jolan, was able to rip my UMD. Also, to solve my problem, when loading into Promethues, had to hold the L button to get the menu up. Just need to fix my Gran Turismo ISO.

EDIT 2: Just ripped Crisis Core and tried to boot it off of my Memory Stick, but like Gran Turismo, I get the Error 80020321 when I try to load it. Any ideas? I'm on 5.03 Prometheus.

EDIT 3: Found the problem, Error 80020321 can be solved by keeping a UMD (any) in the drive. All is well, thank you!

4. Jolan

Bulgaria
    Select, UMD iso mode -> m33 driver -> you're done.

5. SinRG
    OP

Newcomer SinRG Member

Canada
    Is this to solve the error code I was having? I think I'm just going to keep a UMD in the drive (which ever game that has the largest ISO file so I won't have to add that to my Memory Stick). I actually have a bunch of UMDs that I want to rip... just have to fix up my Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. I have to patch the ISO right?

I can't thank you enough for all of your help Jolan.

6. Jolan

Bulgaria
    Yeah, you just have to patch some of the newer games or else they won't run.

7. SinRG
    OP

Newcomer SinRG Member

Canada
    I'll get working on that this weekend. Got emulators working, got a couple of ISOs going.... the only thing left to make my PSP complete is to get PSone games on; primarily the Final Fantasy games and perhaps Metal Gear Solid too.