Rune Factory Frontier

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Source

[​IMG][​IMG]

- effort was made to upgrade absolutely every part of the game, compared to the DS entry
    - Main character: Laguna - searching for a young girl
    - Takes place on the island of Tranrupia - a land where Laguna must cultivate, and pioneer
    - giant floating island appears, shaped like a whale
    - the better you take care of the land, the more it will resemble a real village. People will move in, shops will open, ect.
    - 2008 release in Japan

I've given up on Harvest Moon now so I am really pleased that Rune Factory is coming to the Wii.

2. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Yaaaay, Rune Factory for the DS is pretty damn good. And so was the amount of the Jap RF2 I played (I hope that's released at some point). This has potential to be very good. Assuming Natsume don't mess up as they've been doing quite frequently recently, this could be amazing.

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Well at least one other person cares about this.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I most certainly care Hadrian (I really like the DS games and have also near enough dismissed harvest moon), if it is even half decent I will go in for a Wii fan translation.

5. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I was really into Rune Factory for the DS for a while, until I realised that the further I got in the game the more it was like having a second job.

6. SpiritBoy

SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    Iceland
    I'm really excited for this, but I highly doubt it will have a 2008 or even an early 2009 release.

7. Smef

Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    Researching for The Guide
    I'm looking forward to Tree of Peace, which is coming out in July or August, I think. RF on DS is pretty good, being a mix somewhere between HM and Zelda. I hope that RF on Wii turns out to be just as good, if not better. RF is being developed as its own series now, so I'm wondering how much of the gameplay will diverge away from farming.

8. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

Nov 4, 2004
    United States
    Currently in Chicagoooooooo
    I loved Rune Factory on the DS. I think if had some real livestock it would have been a perfect game. The fighting definitely added a bit of ... I don't know the word, it just made it seem more interesting and less repetitive then regular Harvest Moons.

And you have to keep the farming, cooking, blacksmith making features in the game for sure. The combination of hack and slash with HM elements is what made it so great.

9. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
  10. Deletable_Man

Deletable_Man Old Man

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    Die-hard HM fan here and I loved the added fighting elements in Rune Factory. Rather have cows than "cow-monsters" though (just an example). Will be looking forward to this, but I feel for the Euros. Might be a good long wait for you all. [​IMG] Hell the wait will be long enough for a US release if things go like they have been in the HM world. Still waiting on lots of the HM DS titles to go English. [​IMG]

11. AishunBao

AishunBao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2007
    United States
    I better not be able to mine the shit out of this game though. =/