Rune Factory Frontier

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jun 4, 2008.

Jun 4, 2008

Rune Factory Frontier by Hadrian at 6:40 PM (1,617 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Source

[​IMG][​IMG]

- effort was made to upgrade absolutely every part of the game, compared to the DS entry
    - Main character: Laguna - searching for a young girl
    - Takes place on the island of Tranrupia - a land where Laguna must cultivate, and pioneer
    - giant floating island appears, shaped like a whale
    - the better you take care of the land, the more it will resemble a real village. People will move in, shops will open, ect.
    - 2008 release in Japan

I've given up on Harvest Moon now so I am really pleased that Rune Factory is coming to the Wii.

2. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Yaaaay, Rune Factory for the DS is pretty damn good. And so was the amount of the Jap RF2 I played (I hope that's released at some point). This has potential to be very good. Assuming Natsume don't mess up as they've been doing quite frequently recently, this could be amazing.

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well at least one other person cares about this.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I most certainly care Hadrian (I really like the DS games and have also near enough dismissed harvest moon), if it is even half decent I will go in for a Wii fan translation.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I was really into Rune Factory for the DS for a while, until I realised that the further I got in the game the more it was like having a second job.

6. SpiritBoy

Member SpiritBoy GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    I'm really excited for this, but I highly doubt it will have a 2008 or even an early 2009 release.

7. Smef

Former Staff Smef The GbaTemp Hitchhiker

United States
    I'm looking forward to Tree of Peace, which is coming out in July or August, I think. RF on DS is pretty good, being a mix somewhere between HM and Zelda. I hope that RF on Wii turns out to be just as good, if not better. RF is being developed as its own series now, so I'm wondering how much of the gameplay will diverge away from farming.

8. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I loved Rune Factory on the DS. I think if had some real livestock it would have been a perfect game. The fighting definitely added a bit of ... I don't know the word, it just made it seem more interesting and less repetitive then regular Harvest Moons.

And you have to keep the farming, cooking, blacksmith making features in the game for sure. The combination of hack and slash with HM elements is what made it so great.

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
  10. Deletable_Man

Member Deletable_Man Old Man

United States
    Die-hard HM fan here and I loved the added fighting elements in Rune Factory. Rather have cows than "cow-monsters" though (just an example). Will be looking forward to this, but I feel for the Euros. Might be a good long wait for you all. [​IMG] Hell the wait will be long enough for a US release if things go like they have been in the HM world. Still waiting on lots of the HM DS titles to go English. [​IMG]

11. AishunBao

Newcomer AishunBao Advanced Member

United States
    I better not be able to mine the shit out of this game though. =/