Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

- effort was made to upgrade absolutely every part of the game, compared to the DS entry
- Main character: Laguna - searching for a young girl
- Takes place on the island of Tranrupia - a land where Laguna must cultivate, and pioneer
- giant floating island appears, shaped like a whale
- the better you take care of the land, the more it will resemble a real village. People will move in, shops will open, ect.
- 2008 release in Japan

I've given up on Harvest Moon now so I am really pleased that Rune Factory is coming to the Wii.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yaaaay, Rune Factory for the DS is pretty damn good. And so was the amount of the Jap RF2 I played (I hope that's released at some point). This has potential to be very good. Assuming Natsume don't mess up as they've been doing quite frequently recently, this could be amazing.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I most certainly care Hadrian (I really like the DS games and have also near enough dismissed harvest moon), if it is even half decent I will go in for a Wii fan translation.

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to Tree of Peace, which is coming out in July or August, I think. RF on DS is pretty good, being a mix somewhere between HM and Zelda. I hope that RF on Wii turns out to be just as good, if not better. RF is being developed as its own series now, so I'm wondering how much of the gameplay will diverge away from farming.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I loved Rune Factory on the DS. I think if had some real livestock it would have been a perfect game. The fighting definitely added a bit of ... I don't know the word, it just made it seem more interesting and less repetitive then regular Harvest Moons.

And you have to keep the farming, cooking, blacksmith making features in the game for sure. The combination of hack and slash with HM elements is what made it so great.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Die-hard HM fan here and I loved the added fighting elements in Rune Factory. Rather have cows than "cow-monsters" though (just an example). Will be looking forward to this, but I feel for the Euros. Might be a good long wait for you all.
tongue.gif
Hell the wait will be long enough for a US release if things go like they have been in the HM world. Still waiting on lots of the HM DS titles to go English.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F