Run Mocha after installing CBHC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Nickeleye, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Nickeleye
    OP

Nickeleye Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2011
    United States
    As a complete Wii U modding noob, a couple of weeks ago I did the CBHC mod and it worked out great. Everything is going well, but I'm finding there are a couple things I'd like to do that it seems work better with Mocha.

1. Preventing Wii U system updates
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-prevent-updates-by-removing-the-systems-update-folder.482091/

2. Access the files on my external Wii U hard drive using FTPii Everywhere
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/problems-with-ftpii-everywhere.480982/

First, on the last page of the "Preventing Wii U system updates" tutorial it says that there should be no problems to open Mocha even if CBHC is installed already. I assume that is still true. I saw a few versions of Mocha in the homebrew app store, but wasn't sure what's appropriate for me. I really don't want to screw up my Wii U after making so much progress so far.

Second, for some reason when I use the FIX94 FTPiiU Everywhere release and Filezilla, I can only access the files on the SD card and not the external hard drive. Same problem as the #2 link above. It seems it works fine using Mocha.

Those are my two reasons (so far) to want to try to use Mocha temporarily. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    you could just load mocha from the homebrew launcher even with cbhc installed though I dont think theres a way to make it autoboot mocha

3. Nickeleye
    OP

Nickeleye Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2011
    United States
    I don't have interest in autobooting Mocha so that's fine. I just want to temporarily use it so I can do those specific things. I don't mind running it each time as needed.

Which version should I use? I found 4 different ones in the app store:
    Mocha CFW + FSHax
    Mocha CFW 0.2
    Mocha CFW_fat32 0.2
    Mocha CFW SD 0.2SD

4. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    Mocha CFW 0.2

5. Flump

Flump Advanced Member