Gaming RUMOUR | PSP 2 will have NO UMD slot!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry If this has already been posted but i checked and I didn't see it.
QUOTE said:
We've seen our fair share of pre-product announcement rumors, but the PSP 2 is well on its way to rivaling the iPhone in terms of the frequency and volume of speculative buzz. In the past month there have been a series of reports regarding the sequel to the popular handheld, beginning with some details we caught wind of in January. We heard from several sources that Sony was taking a touch screen approach with the next system, but just this week VG247, a gaming blog, posted a report stating that the new iteration will have a sliding screen, although they maintained that it will be in the form of a PSP-4000, not a PSP 2.
Here's the link http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/957/957064p1.html
What's your thoguhts on this, does this mean NO backwards compatibility whatsoever or maybe they will be digitally downloadable.
|||RUMOUR|||

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a few things to think of as this rumor has to be crap most likely.

1) No gaming retailer will want to sell a piece of hardware that they can't make any money off of. They get their cut in games, in particular (Gamestop etc likes) from used games. With all digital, no profit, and no profit = screw sony and more room for DS.

2) In Japan, very doable as there's broadband everywhere. Everywhere else, no. The US overall is limited, a good many have, not everyone so the infrastructure and viability isn't there.

3) People who believe in owning what they buy (like me.) I want a real copy, something I'll have as long as I've had Super Mario Bros 1 on cart (since '85.) Digital signed crap you have as long as their leisure permits.

Things like that will stop this crap from ever happening on a large scale. The best they can hope for is requiring all games have both a hard and a downloadable copy over PSN which is what they've partly done to date on PSP.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
My thoughts:

1) Probably Not True

2) Could be that the games on stored on pre-made memory cards with the games logo on, faster/more space than UMD

3) I doubt it will turn to completely downloadable games/apps, as mentioned before the game store companies would lose revenue.

RAIDEN!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talaria said:
My thoughts:

1) Probably Not True

2) Could be that the games on stored on pre-made memory cards with the games logo on, faster/more space than UMD

3) I doubt it will turn to completely downloadable games/apps, as mentioned before the game store companies would lose revenue.

i agree

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Any plan of a PSP 2 is a rumor itself. Face it, the PSP is dying.
Games are rarely made now. The only games that people will look forward to now are probably KH, FFXIII, PSP, and Resistance.

B

ball2012003

Raiser said:
Games are rarely made now. The only games that people will look forward to now are probably KH, FFXIII, PSP, and Resistance.
you forgot phantsy star potable, little big planet, and assassins creed
and why did you put psp in the list of games people will be looking for??

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ball2012003 said:
Raiser said:
you forgot phantsy star potable, little big planet, and assassins creed
and why did you put psp in the list of games people will be looking for??

There's Little Big Planet and Acreed for PSP soon?
ohmy.gif

I meant PSP = P hantasy S tar P ortable
tongue.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may want to look at this then swallow your mistake...
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstatio...ge.uid=40570301

Post originally was done 12/29/08 ...was just updated by Sony's rep or whatever in the last day or so. There's a TON of stuff coming for 2009 and much I don't think people were expecting.

Assassins Creed, Motorstorm, LittleBigPlanet, Monster Hunter Unite (aka I suppose Freedom 3), Tenchu 4(the wii game), they're saying another GTA is rumored, Kingdom Hearts, PixelJunk Monsters(PSN), Dirt 2, Undead Knights, Samurai Shodown Anth, Air Conflicts Aces of WW2(I've read it's good), RockBand Unplugged, some EA sports games.

There's more there.

Also may I suggest for $10 -- No Gravity on the PSN. It's fan fucking tastic...it's like a more flashy looking yet easy to control wing commander wannabe. Very fun, based off a free indy game from a few years back (which is free to d/l still on their site as promotion for the PSP game.)

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Man, PSP is such a great piece of hardware. You can't really go wrong with it.
It'll be a while before they stop making games for it, and PSP 3000 is proof of that. They wouldn't make it so people could just update their PSPs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)