Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the rumour in the title due to the shit rag source:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...or-the-Wii.html

QUOTE said:
DOCTOR Who is to regenerate into Doctor Wii after BBC bosses signed a mega-bucks computer game deal.

Nintendo has agreed a contract said to be worth over £10million to create the much-anticipated game for its popular Wii and DS consoles.

And the firm is planning to get it into shops in time for the lucrative Christmas market.

The game is at the early stages but is set to be based around the new Doctor, played by Matt Smith.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...l#ixzz0hwvrAZDQ

It will also feature key Doctor Who baddies including the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Silurians.

An insider said: "This has been in the pipeline for years.

"We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal. We went with Nintendo as they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family brand.

"The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

The game will be closely monitored by the BBC, which does not want anything too violent.

Former Doctor David Tennant said the game had struggled to get off the ground as some developers had wanted the Time Lord to beat up his enemies and blow things up.

Who chiefs prefer the Doc to defeat baddies using his cunning rather than his fists.

David said: "The video game was quite actively developed, but it's difficult to nail as the Doctor doesn't blow things up.

He's not Batman, who goes around smacking people in the head."

Firms had been coming up with ideas for the last three years in a bid to tap into the show's success.

The insider added: "BBC Worldwide, which licenses BBC shows, has been trying to find some way of doing it.

"But you can't have Doctor Who blowing things to bits with a laser gun. That would massively change the nature of the show."

The BBC has made a fortune out of Doctor Who spin-offs - raking in around £100million.

When The Sun's source is an "insider" and not anyone named its usually Bullturd.

unsure.gif

Would certainly sell, even the shitty half assed Top Trump DW game sold well. The franchise is big in many countries and if Nintendo are involved and promoting it, it'll even do fairly well in places like America where it is shown on channels that barely gets a million viewers.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I stopped reading after "The Sun".

Well, not really. A Doctor Who game would be welcome (as would more Star Trek and Stargate games), but they shouldn't make it if it's going to be as bad as Top Trumps. I could barely stand even looking at the box at the shops.
wtf.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems that I was right to put "rumour" in the title, The Sun was talking bollocks about about Nintendo making the title instead it seems that Koch Media are dealing with the game and not Nintendo.

No other details are around but seeing its to do with them I guess my expectations of this game are below crap.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
*shudder*

The Sun lol.

mmm.... I really don't like the sound of a Dr Who game anyway... it's like having a coronation street / eastenders game.

Having said that... I'm sure those are in development.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its definitely possible bcz u have seen games like ultimate fitness thing of tht biggest loser hostess...
i dont know how many like Doctor Who cuz unlike trauma center which is exciting, this might be more storyline than excitement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...