[Rumour] Castlevania Compilation for Wii/PSP?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sourcey

QUOTE said:
This is probably one to file under “rumour” for the time being but we’ve gotten wind from an anonymous source that Konami is currently working away on a Castlevania collection, which apparently will be released on the Wii and Sony PSP this year.

Details are predictably sketchy but it would appear that the disc-based compendium will feature all of the 8-bit and 16-bit instalments, and may even include the 32-bit Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

SotN is already available on Sony’s portable machine as part of Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, but the Wii release would mark the highly-esteemed title’s debut on Nintendo hardware. Rondo of Blood – which is expected on the Virtual Console soon – is also thought to be a possibility.

Sadly our source – who obviously wishes to remain nameless at this point in time – is under the impression that it is unlikely that the two Nintendo 64 games will feature on the collection. The three GBA adventures – and the trio of monochrome Game Boy titles – are also likely to be absent.

With the Hideo Kojima-helmed series reboot Castlevania: Lords of Shadow currently in production it would seem that Konami is keen to exploit the groundswell of attention surrounding its evergreen franchise in as many ways as possible, and a compilation of all the classic titles would certainly fit the bill.

The aforementioned 360 and PS3 action title is due for launch sometime in 2010, and we’d imagine that this collection - if it truly exists at all - will either coincide with that date or serve as a bite-sized (ahem) taster for those gamers unlucky enough to have never experienced the Belmont Saga previously.

When we’re able to get official confirmation we’ll naturally let all you lovely people know.

Not sure how I feel seeing I can play any of these whenever I want already but if it happens I guess it'll be nice for someone.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems a bit of a pointless release for the Wii. All of these games but SotN could be released for the Virtual Console. Wasting an entire DVD for it seems completely stupid.

For the PSP it might be more interesting, but I doubt PSP owners will really care about this.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well that depends on the society concerning the rumor and maybe the release of. Theoretically seen it all depends how good these games sold in the past. most of the castlevania hits i know were a great hit so. it might be useful to those who are likely interested in it

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megawalk said:
well that depends on the society concerning the rumor and maybe the release of. Theoretically seen it all depends how good these games sold in the past. most of the castlevania hits i know were a great hit so. it might be useful to those who are likely interested in it
i definitely agree. i too was a castlevania fan during the 8bit days. looking forward for a compilation like this.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about it, the Wii is the only console right now that can't play SotN legally, and if such a compilation existed I assume the game would be there, maybe just as a bonus for the Wii version. I mean, there's already the PSN release for the PSP, as well as the Dracula X Chroncles version, and it's available for both download and retail compilation disc for the 360 too.

FestusArrestUs

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm torn between which console/portable I'd buy this game for.

I'd rather play console games on a console, but a PSP collection is really appealing. And it would be a great companion to Dracula X Chronicles

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people would buy this simply for SotN.

It seems like a good deal. All the NES and SNES Castlevania games, plus possibly SotN, and maybe even the Gameboy/Gameboy Advance installments, in one package? Cool. It'd probably also contain some extras.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?