Rumor: Wii U in Development Hell

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
machomuu said:
SpaceJump said:
3D is a visual enhancement and so is HD. Just like HD 3D makes games look better. It's that simple.
It makes the way one sees them different, but not necessarily better. While I can't factually say anything, I'm pretty sure (though not fully) that HD makes the images sharper, crisper, and...well, that's all I know about it. 3D more tricks your eyes into seeing the image in a different way, not really enhancing it at all.
To all 3DS owners: Turn 3D off on your 3DS, we were tricked. It's not real...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
machomuu said:
SpaceJump said:
3D is a visual enhancement and so is HD. Just like HD 3D makes games look better. It's that simple.
It makes the way one sees them different, but not necessarily better. While I can't factually say anything, I'm pretty sure (though not fully) that HD makes the images sharper, crisper, and...well, that's all I know about it. 3D more tricks your eyes into seeing the image in a different way, not really enhancing it at all.
To all 3DS owners: Turn 3D off on your 3DS, we were tricked. It's not real...
I'm pretty sure this was stated before, by Nintendo no less. Though I don't care enough to look.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, bias.
If you actually had a 3DS Guild you see

SpaceJump said:
and you can actually move you head around(which you shouldn't do much anyway),

you just have to keep you eyes on the screen. (Like you meant too.)

Gahars said:
The tablet for the Wii U is basically similar; a cool piece of technology that is being pissed away as a stupid gimmick.
So, you go all that without even using it? Yeah, ok.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Sep 9 2011, 02:49 PM)
I'm pretty sure this was stated before, by Nintendo no less. Though I don't care enough to look.
Um... just no.

Using the 3D, it give real sense of space, doesn't make game seem smush, make things stand out,and it even allow you to see more on the screen.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Gahars said:
The tablet for the Wii U is basically similar; a cool piece of technology that is being pissed away as a stupid gimmick.
So, you go all that without using it? Yeah, ok.
You act like he said something bad about it. All he said was that similar to the Kinect, it's an ambitious and interesting idea that will simply be seen by the masses as some stupid/okay gimmick.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Gahars said:
You act like he said something bad about it. All he said was that similar to the Kinect, it's an ambitious and interesting idea that will simply be seen by the masses as some stupid/okay gimmick.
So you can look into the future? These days innovation == stupid gimmick without even having tried it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Gahars said:
So you can look into the future? These days innovation == stupid gimmick without even having tried it.
I can't tell if you're trolling or simply a fanboy...

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
machomuu said:
SpaceJump said:
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
Gahars said:
I don't know either...

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called perception, SpaceJumper. Perception, with a dash of simple sense.

By the way, of course, MachoMuu. I'm just here to make GBAtemp a happier, cheerier place. (insert emoticon here)

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3D is supposed to enhance your viewing experience. We just haven't found out how to make proper use of this technology yet. It is very early. Remember when bluray players were all huge and bulky and cost alot? Same for DVD.

On-topic: to summarize, I think Nintendo should go back to the drawing board with the dev kit. Maybe even change up some of the components in the Console so there won't be as many difficulties.

The fact that I always hated is that EVERY game company (Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft) Always hold back when building their consoles. Taking out a feature because it would make it too expensive. I know this sad reality makes it so that they cannot add every feature they want for fear of loss of profit. But think of the epic systems that could have been made if they didn't hold back anything.

I remember there was a rumor that the WiiU would have a Bluray drive. And wireless N connectivity(?)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Why either? Is it because he see that some of guys will try to diss and over exaggerated anything Nintendo does into gimmick (negatively) by "proof"
to try to make you opinions facts?

Which is even worst when you haven't even touch the technology you dissing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
Why either? Is it because he see that some of guys will try to diss and over exaggerated anything Nintendo does into gimmick (negatively) by "proof"
to try to make you opinions facts?

Which is even worst when you haven't even touch the technology you dissing.
We didn't dis anyone, we didn't insult anything about Nintendo.

The thing is, you're so blinded by what I can only describe as fanboyism (from what I've observed) that anything that when something even seems like it's a negative towards Nintendo you get defensive and fight back with conjecture and twist our words. This is especially true when you don't understand what we're talking about, like my use of the words "negative connotations".

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed, the Wii U was never going to have a bluray drive. Ever. Nintendo wouldn't use the format created by their rival unless there was absolutely no other option.

And, unfortunately, cost is always going to be an issue, in gaming or any other medium. Remember "$599 US Dollars!" debacle that Sony has only recently been able to move past?

Cost is always going to be an issue, because customers only have so much money to spend. The important thing is to make a console as awesome and price effective as possible.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Gahars said:
So, you go all that without even using it? Yeah, ok.

On the flipside, you get incredible boners over it while having the same amount of experience.

Quite honestly, I've listened to the review I posted and I'll take Yahtzee's opinion over yours. It feels like the 3DS came out and you're just trying to find some way to think everything about it is amazing.

I used to enjoy Nintendo products, I rocked only a Wii and DS for years and was quite content with it. Then I bought a Xbox and realized the Wii is a completely inferior product in every way outside of having some decent platformers, which I realized aren't all that anyway. Then I bought a PSP and realized handheld gaming is more than just the DS and can have games that are quality over quantity.

D

Deleted User

I looked at the title and thought. "Why am I not surprised?"

At this rate, Nintendo won't exist next year, at least, that's what 01net's making it seem like.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guild McCommunist said:
Quite honestly, I've listened to the review I posted and I'll take Yahtzee's opinion over yours. It feels like the 3DS came out and you're just trying to find some way to think everything about it is amazing.
I thought he was talking about the Wii U.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
3D is supposed to enhance your viewing experience. We just haven't found out how to make proper use of this technology yet. It is very early. Remember when bluray players were all huge and bulky and cost alot? Same for DVD.

On-topic: to summarize, I think Nintendo should go back to the drawing board with the dev kit. Maybe even change up some of the components in the Console so there won't be as many difficulties.

The fact that I always hated is that EVERY game company (Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft) Always hold back when building their consoles. Taking out a feature because it would make it too expensive. I know this sad reality makes it so that they cannot add every feature they want for fear of loss of profit. But think of the epic systems that could have been made if they didn't hold back anything.

I remember there was a rumor that the WiiU would have a Bluray drive. And wireless N connectivity(?)

I thought Microsoft and Sony has always been taking losses. even when the ps3 was 600 dollars. hence, their machines were beefed up in power performance. Nintendo on the other hand are known to make profits on the console they sell (the reason why their console is underpowered or lacks a lot of features?). They are taking a loss of the 3ds now, but if the 3ds was truly built with a 250 price, I wonder what it would be like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?