Rumor: Virtua Tenis 2009 Will Have Motion+ Support

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Feb 16, 2009.

Feb 16, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Sega may be soon walking onto the court with an extra spring in its step, as TechRadar UK reports that the recently announced Wii version of Virtua Tennis 2009 will ship with support for WiiMotion Plus. Citing an anonymous source, the site writes that the game will be among the first third-party titles to support the new controller tech, which promises to boost the Wii remote's sensitivity to motion. We remain interested in seeing what developers do with WiiMotion Plus once it's introduced, though Sega has yet to announce any plans for supporting the souped-up controls when Virtua Tennis hits a backspin for retail in May.

As an aside, the rumor comes just as '80s tennis crybaby John McEnroe celebrates surviving half a century, his ball striking the white line of the Wii's target demographic. If any extra-sensitive waggle does make its way into Virtua Tennis 2009, we advise keeping your distance should McEnroe stop by for a quick tantrum game of doubles."

Source

2. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wow I hadn't heard of Motion+ but it's cool to see that Ninty is doing something about the Wiimotes crappy sensitivity.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Whoa. If they actually pull through this and do a really good work this might be the ultimate tennis simulation game.

Awesome. I hope they're gonna do a good job with it and not something rushed through just to meet release dates.

4. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Looking good, I'm very interested in this game. I loved the Wii Sports' tennis, hopefully this is even better!

5. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    [​IMG]
    Notice the little motion plus logo on the bottom.

Source

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Who thinks that TechRadars "source" is GoNintendo? They posted this days ago.

I didn't have a motion problem with Nintendos own games, just some of the 3rd party ones.

7. Normalboyninja

Newcomer Normalboyninja Advanced Member

Gambia, The
    Anyone played this game yet? IGN says it came out today.