• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[Rumor] Supreme Leader of North Korea Kim Jong Un has passed away

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not ask sources for their EXIF data from their digital cameras. Though it could probably be easily faked. I feel it's almost like a propaganda machine no matter where one is living. The people in power know exactly if they are alive or have kicked, but the general populations continue to have wool placed over our eyes...hey look there are donuts over there! and we all look..to skirt the real issues. There are however digital forensic investigators. I'm sure people who are actually interested in this supposed mystery, or what seemingly is can easily follow breadcrumbs, but I personally feel that TMZ is a little shock-oriented for my taste. I understand they are proven to reporting the facts, the news, but are attention and headline hungry nonetheless.

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Why not ask sources for their EXIF data from their digital cameras. Though it could probably be easily faked.
Yes that could be easily faked. :) Also, in international relations you dont do that kind of stuff. Presume that if true, it could reach that country as information, and would destabilize it politically. You dont do that unless you'd want to (war, ...).

Also your diplomatic relationship would be toast for a while.

Here is another Asian Boss video on China vs. democracy:

edit: Just so people dont get confused, North Korea is still a military dictatorship of the worst kind (people are 'educated' to adore leaders as gods, for internal stability.) :)

See f.e:

(Half of that video is probably western PR in some sense, but the other half is not.)

Also in recent years NK opened itself economically (people were allowed to found businesses) and profited from the economic development in china and chinese goods getting onto its markets (trade moved more people out of poverty), but since the Covid Crisis hit (border controls, lower border traffic), and with it the world wide economic downturn, clamp down became stronger again.

Famines are a result of embargoes, central planning and it getting the balance between energy needs and foodproduction 'wrong'. (NK is not a very fertile country, party built a big hydroelectric power station, that reduced waterflow, and fertile mud...) and natural disasters. Then foreign aid is only let into country from china, if at all, ...

edit: Actually, this was the video I was thinking about:

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay