RUMOR- Rocket Knight Adventures new game

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone remember the old Sega Genesis game Rocket Knight Adventures? I sure do. It was one of the best 2D action platformers on the system. Starring an opossum named Sparkster, the main character wielded a big sword and armor AND wore a rocket. Few things are as badass as that! There were actually 3 games in the Rocket Knight series- Rocket Knight Adventures, Sparkster, and a SNES title also named Sparkster which was really a totally different game from the Genesis Sparkster and more closely followed the first RKA game. All 3 were really good, but the first is fondly remembered as the best.

Well, now the German magazine M! Games is saying that there is a new Rocket Knight Adventures game currently in development by Climax (who are making the Silent Hill remake). We don't know what system it's for, but apparently the rumor also states the game will be "2.5D". I assume that means 2D gameplay and 3D graphics. A good choice for the Wii or possibly PSP and DS. GoNintendo thinks it will be on Wii, but we'll see if the game comes at all.

http://gonintendo.com/v31/viewstory.php?id=82735

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope its true but I'd prefer a beautiful 2D game to be honest, of course Klonoa & DK Jungle Beat looked great in 2.5D.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I was hoping you were talking about a Rocket Slime sequel. That game rocked.
frown.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sparkster for the SNES was almost identical to the original Rocket Knight in the gameplay aspect. It had the exact same moves and everything, but with different levels. It felt more like a true sequel than the Genesis version of Sparkster did. I really like all 3 games though, so it doesn't matter to me at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.