• Start date
  • Views 2,351
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted_171835

OP
metroid-other-m-being-released-in-june.jpg

QUOTE said:
We are hearing that a delay is in the works for both Metroid: Other M, as well as Sin and Punishment 2. Keep in mind, this is just rumor for now.

Just got an official email from work about two of Nintendo's biggest profile games of the year, Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment 2 being delayed. Metroid: Other M has changed from being released on 6/27 to TBD. Sin and Punishment 2 has changed from being released on 6/6 to 6/27. - Anonymous source

I'm hoping that this is just rumor or some sort of mean prank. Seeing Metroid: Other M delayed to TBA is pretty damn bad, but seeing S&P2 delayed makes no sense at all. Thanks to KingBroly for the heads up.

UPDATE - Walmart.com and Best Buy are showing altered release dates, but nothing is confirmed at this time.
QUOTE said:
I hope it isn't delayed. That would suck! I was looking forward to purchasing OtherM in June. Not as interested in Sin and Punishment 2, though.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
metroid-other-m-being-released-in-june.jpg

QUOTE said:
We are hearing that a delay is in the works for both Metroid: Other M, as well as Sin and Punishment 2. Keep in mind, this is just rumor for now.

Just got an official email from work about two of Nintendo's biggest profile games of the year, Metroid: Other M and Sin & Punishment 2 being delayed. Metroid: Other M has changed from being released on 6/27 to TBD. Sin and Punishment 2 has changed from being released on 6/6 to 6/27. - Anonymous source

I'm hoping that this is just rumor or some sort of mean prank. Seeing Metroid: Other M delayed to TBA is pretty damn bad, but seeing S&P2 delayed makes no sense at all. Thanks to KingBroly for the heads up.

UPDATE - Walmart.com and Best Buy are showing altered release dates, but nothing is confirmed at this time.
QUOTE said:
I hope it isn't delayed. That would suck! I was looking forward to purchasing OtherM in June. Not as interested in Sin and Punishment 2, though.

Delayed to add anti-piratcy messures to the games i bet.

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn i was really happy aswell that Other M was out on the 27th June! My birthday is the 28th and i was guna buy it with my birthday money! Sucks to be me!
sad.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's official, both titles are delayed. Other M is pushed back to August and S&P2 is set back to June. Here's the info from IGN:

QUOTE said:
Nintendo has confirmed Metroid: Other M and Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for the Wii have both been delayed. Metroid is now scheduled to ship on August 31, and Sin and Punishment is now coming June 27.

Nintendo also provided an updated release schedule for its WiiWare and DSiWare titles. Photo Dojo will now be free for download from May 10 through June 10. It will cost 200 Nintendo DSi Points starting on June 11.

Metroid: Other M was originally scheduled to ship on June 27. Sin and Punishment was planned for June 7.

"The launch date for Metroid: Other M has shifted to Aug. 31. As you may know, this game is the product of a unique partnership between longtime Metroid producer Yoshio Sakamoto, Team Ninja and many other individuals and groups, all of whom have set very high standards for this latest installment in the series," Nintendo said in a statement given to IGN.

"Although it's taking slightly longer than expected to complete the project, we're confident that fans will find it to be well worth the wait."

Nintendo said the delay of Sin and Punishment 2 was due to close release date of Super Mario Galaxy 2.

"We're striving to provide the best possible pacing for our summer game launches," Nintendo added. "A June 27 launch allows gamers to enjoy Sin & Punishment: Star Successor without having to rush through Super Mario Galaxy 2 (May 23)."

Check the full update below:

For Wii:

- Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii, June 27)

- Metroid: Other M (Wii, Aug. 31):

For WiiWare and Nintendo DSiWare:

- Photo Dojo (Nintendo DSiWare, May 10)

- Earthworm Jim (Nintendo DSiWare, Gameloft, May 10)

- BIT.TRIP RUNNER (WiiWare, Aksys Games, May 17)

- Looksley's Line Up (Nintendo DSiWare, May 17)

- Frogger Returns (Nintendo DSiWare, Konami, May 17)

- Metal Torrent (Nintendo DSiWare, May 24)

- X-Scape (Nintendo DSiWare, May 31)

- Hero of Sparta (Nintendo DSiWare, Gameloft, May 31)

- Flametail (Nintendo DSiWare, June 7)

- A Kappa's Trail (Nintendo DSiWare, June 14)

Source

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
this is form joystiq
QUOTE said:
Metroid: Other M, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor delayed

by JC Fletcher { Apr 23rd 2010 at 2:52PM }

If you're a fan of Nintendo-published games about shooting aliens, prepare for disappointment. Nintendo just announced delays for the North American releases of both Sin & Punishment: Star Successor and Metroid: Other M.

Sin & Punishment has been pushed back from June 7 to June 27 -- a brief delay. The Team Ninja/Nintendo Metroid sequel, however, has been bumped more substantially, from June 27 to August 31. We should have known the June date was too good to be true when all Europe got was a vague "Q3" announcement.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was too good to be true...
frown.gif
Hopefully they`ll use the time to make the game as good as they can make it. But I also think, that the delay is partially a marketing-move.

At least S&P2 comes to Europe in a few days
yaywii.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This really bums me out. I seriously doubt its for actual improvements. There most likely just doing this to space there games out. Especially with sin and punishment so close to galaxy. But hopefully some VO was improved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.