[Rumor] Epic Games buying All Points Bulletin?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
500x_apb_01.jpg

MMO title All Points Bulletin failed, and took its developer with it. So why on Earth would a company as successful as Epic Games be interested in buying the rights to the game?

A report on the BBC says that, according to a "source close to the development team", a few companies are showing interest in picking at the corpse of the game, seeing if there's a pocket watch or gold filling to be had. One of the those companies is Epic Games, the studio behind one of the industry's most popular graphics engines (and the Gears of War and Unreal Tournament series).

Adding to this speculation is a Eurogamer report, citing a "Dundee development source" (Realtime were based in Dundee, Scotland) that says "[Realtime boss] Dave Jones and Epic is quite the talking point in town. He and Mr Rein are good chums and have worked together on many levels for years and years and years. And he's not going to raise much money/staff here in the near future."

Eurogamer also report that Jones recently moved to the US.

Being both catastrophically unpopular and lacking in any real memorable hook, it's tough imagining why Epic would want the rights to APB. Unless they just like the name![/p]

icon11.gif
Source?

EDIT: Forgot input, duh.

Well, it seemed like (from what I read on reviews) it was a game with great ideas but didn't exactly reach its potential. And RTW didn't really do much to fix it after the release. With the right amount of tweaking and time it can be a really good MMO. If only I could play it...

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The game failed. Badly.
Great idea(s), bad upbringing.

I honestly don't get why Epic would even bother. Curious to see why they're looking into it though.

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Raiser said:
The game failed. Badly.
Great idea(s), bad upbringing.

I honestly don't get why Epic would even bother. Curious to see why they're looking into it though.
Lol, its cause you suck at the game buddy
lecture.gif
If you haven't noticed this game is suppose to resemble MH Series Style. Thats why most ppl suck and hate the game cause they dunno how to play
rofl.gif

IMO, its an excellent game MH on Steroids Modern Style

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY