manaphy4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
xbox-live-psn-babies.jpg

QUOTE said:
Accessing the PlayStation Network for free is cool and all, but what if you could pay? Wouldn't that be awesome? Well, according to Joystiq's Source, a pay version of Sony's online services -- called PSN+ -- is set to be revealed at E3 this year.

Sources are saying that paid subscribers will have access to a rotating list of PSP Mini and PSone Classic titles, exclusive DLC, and discounts on the store. Full retail titles are also said to be coming to the store, with "first hour" access available to paid PSN+ subscribers. Once the first hour of the game has been played, gamers will be given the option to unlock the full title for an additional cost.

Additionally, PSN+ subscribers will receive a protection plan for their console, cross-game voice chat, and the potential for a cloud-based save system. The service is also said to enable auto-patching of recently played PS3 titles.

No details on pricing or availability, but one Joystiq source is speculating a $9.99 price point. Sony, not surprisingly, isn't commenting on the rumor.

Admittedly, some of this stuff sounds great -- the access to select PSP Minis and Classic titles, the cloud-based saving, and the protection plan. Some of the other features seem like they should be standard, particularly that cross-game voice chat players have been waiting for since launch. What do you guys think? How much would you be willing to pay for these services?

Source:Joystiq

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Wherever you get that from, they lied.

Sony have already said cross-game voice chat is going to be available for everyone at no extra cost, and anything you get from this premium service won't give anybody online benefits. To be honest, most of the stuff you quoted was bullshit.
unsure.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm pretty sure something like this will be announced. It's no use speculating though, as the E3 will be in a few weeks.

PSN+ is a really bad name by the way
tongue.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
Wherever you get that from, they lied.

Sony have already said cross-game voice chat is going to be available for everyone at no extra cost, and anything you get from this premium service won't give anybody online benefits. To be honest, most of the stuff you quoted was bullshit.
unsure.gif

I heard the same, tho i'd probably be not so straight up about it

Juanmatron said:
QUOTE(Prowler485 @ May 25 2010, 06:13 PM) Source or stop posting news.

Here.

Yeah you right. Put the source (I find it so easily).
rofl at that link, but ya, put the source

And also, wasn't this kind of expected to be announced at E3 anyways? I mean I guessed they would say more at E3 once it got announced.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think I'll keep the freebie version of PSN. That is, unless they decide to include netflix in PSN+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared