Rules on multiple accounts for one person?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend who wants to have a second account, so that he can keep certain areas of discussion separate from each other (IDK why...), and he was too scared to ask himself, so I am asking for him...

Is it against the rules for one person to have more than one account?

edit: Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

unopepito06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is, is that determined by IP address, or sign in ID (first and last name)? If you have more than one person in a household, can they each make their own account, even with the same IP? It doesn't matter to me, no one else in my house does this stuff, but it'd be nice to know that they thought of that (of course they did!... right?)

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overlord Nadrian said:
It's against the rules, definitely. I'd want to know WHY he wants to discuss things with a different account depending on the subject though...
This.

I'd say it's pretty clear in the rules:

Forum RulesDon't make secondary accounts, duplicate accounts will be banned.

Just use the same account for all discussion.

You wouldn't happen to know pyrosurfer by any chance...
smileipb2.png

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is indeed against the rules to have more than 1 account.
On top of that, you have no need for multiple accounts (everything can be done on the first one) and it'd only confuse others.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Normally, you need to let a staff member know about it, but if you behave (which I see you do as you both have 0%) I see no reason for a ban (we wouldn't probably even know about it anyway because we only check IPs of members that do not behave)

We once even had 2 staff members who were husband/wife I believe, so they had the same IP as well. They got banned though, but not for sharing the same IP...

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Normally, you need to let a staff member know about it, but if you behave (which I see you do as you both have 0%) I see no reason for a ban (we wouldn't probably even know about it anyway because we only check IPs of members that do not behave)

We once even had 2 staff members who were husband/wife I believe, so they had the same IP as well. They got banned though, but not for sharing the same IP...

JPH?

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
macgeek417 said:
tj_cool said:

JPH?

He was banned for something else I believe...
mellow.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
SimpyDsi said:
Me and my brother (ToiletDS) Both use eachother's computers.. Will we get banned for same IP?

Although dupe accounts are against the rules we do have another pair of brothers here who have separate accounts, their situation is sort of different though as we are pretty much certain they are two separate people. (They are both irc regulars) Basically as long as neither account is troublesome we have no cause to look into things further really. The old "Oh it was my brother/family member, not me" excuse is pretty much the oldest one in the book, and wont do the person using it any favours.

macgeek417 said:
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jun 24 2010, 07:43 PM) Normally, you need to let a staff member know about it, but if you behave (which I see you do as you both have 0%) I see no reason for a ban (we wouldn't probably even know about it anyway because we only check IPs of members that do not behave)

JPH?

No that's not JPH, those two got banned a long time ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs