ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

karan24680

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use no$gba and no$zoomer and the rom crashes after 34 to 35 events. Yes, i used to the code things from the first page, enabled it. I always followed the steps on patching.
Can someone help me please?

nunnes0906

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone, please answer me... There is an final solution to play Heart Gold/ Soul Silver on No$GBA without frustrating freezes ?
And if a solution doesn`t exist, do you guys know if I patch the Rudolph`s Patch USA on my rom, how many events i would be able to play before i get a freezing screen.
PS: Does a pokémon battle count as an event ?

Looking Forward to a reply.
Sorry for my English, if there`s some language errors.. I`m not a native speaker

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nunnes0906 said:
Can someone, please answer me... There is an final solution to play Heart Gold/ Soul Silver on No$GBA without frustrating freezes ?
And if a solution doesn`t exist, do you guys know if I patch the Rudolph`s Patch USA on my rom, how many events i would be able to play before i get a freezing screen.

Sorry for my English, if there`s some language errors.. I`m not a native speaker
From what I have read, you would be able to play for a long time before it freezes.

Yes, a Pokémon battle counts as an event.

PK Strike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh christ if you want to play on Nogba perfect you need the patch (dur) and the DS Bios, settting it to load from Bios in the No$ settings menu.

Go on google for the bios.

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Big Kong Boss said:
nunnes0906 said:

From what I have read, you would be able to play for a long time before it freezes.

So, basically, it's still not a real fix? Anyone have an estimate on how many events it goes before freezing? The M3 update already cranked it up to 70+ without badges, while it was around 50+ with 3 badges.

Furthermore, do I need to start a freash save for the patch to take effect, or can I keep on going with my save? Cheers!

00falcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi sorry if this was already asked, can't go through 50 something pages, but does the patch work on the pokemon SS U version on the ttds with firmware 1.17a12?

G

GentleFist

just try...?

its called universal and i don't see any a not-working list
so i think it should work

Jordy_San

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
loony747 said:
Big Kong Boss said:
nunnes0906 said:

So, basically, it's still not a real fix? Anyone have an estimate on how many events it goes before freezing? The M3 update already cranked it up to 70+ without badges, while it was around 50+ with 3 badges.

Furthermore, do I need to start a freash save for the patch to take effect, or can I keep on going with my save? Cheers!

The only explenations i can come up for those crashes are either bad roms (not clean) or struggling firmware.
I'm using a R4SDHC, R4 1:18 firmware. Last weekend, I played for over 2 hours straight, must have done over 300 events, and no freezes.
So, it works perfectly
biggrin.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loony747 said:
Big Kong Boss said:
nunnes0906 said:

no this is real fix i have play 50 hours of game play not a single freeze

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00falcon said:
hi sorry if this was already asked, can't go through 50 something pages, but does the patch work on the pokemon SS U version on the ttds with firmware 1.17a12?

of course it does.

EvilMag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the patch on both HG and SS, HG freezes every 70 events with no badge, while SS doesn't.

Keep in mind, both of them were clean roms and I'm playing on R4i SD-HC.

CaptHwdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
I confirm, it's working. Even Wi-Fi started to work (it didn't before, but I blamed it on the ARM7 swap, since I use an old M3 Lite).

and for people with blue screens and save problems - use the ARM7 swap.

summer02 said:
Hey guys, how do u know if ur save file is corrupted? just curious.
the game will explicitly state that it's corrupted and you'll have to start over. unless you have a card that supports 8Mbit (1MB) saves, then it uses the extra 512kB for a backup save.

SO how do you fix this? I'm using a DSTT with 1.17.12?

d-ace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this patch just removes all the AP or does it only help certain cards play it?
EDIT: Also the readme says not to use rom from internet so it does not work with rom dled from internet?

Sorry if this is answered already but I don't want to read through all those pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: