Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph has released v1.9d of his 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. He seems to have added soft reset support for the M3 and G6 Real, though it's hard to be totally sure from a Google translation.

Get it here: http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/Rudolph/

Soft reset is now supported on the R4, M3 Simply, DSLink, AceKard (I think), AceKard RPG, Supercard DS One, NinjaPass X9TF, CycloDS Evolution, G6 Real and M3 Real.

Edit: Can someone with a CycloDS Evolution please test this and see if it is actually supported?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you Soft-reset in Rudolph's tools? Anybody?

I honestly don't know.
shy.gif

Is it during a GBA game, or what?

~Nero

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you Soft-reset in Rudolph's tools? Anybody?

I honestly don't know.Â
shy.gif

Is it during a GBA game, or what?

~Nero

Rudolphs tool uses a soft-reset to enable rumble and ram expansion. Selecting either function will cause a soft-reset. From that point until you next turn the power off, that function will be enabled for any roms that you run that can utilize them.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The 3in1 ExpPack Tool allows you to use the 3in1 as a rumble or RAM pack by setting the cart to that mode, then soft resetting back to the slot 1 flashcart's menu so that you can run the web browser, or the game you want to use rumble with. This also allows for DS GBA game linkage without flashing the GBA game to NOR.

Without soft reset support, the 3in1 ExpPack Tool only allows you to play GBA games on the 3in1.

It's not possible to soft reset from a GBA game back to the 3in1 ExpPack Tool or the slot 1 cart's menu, and it never will be. This is a limitation of the DS; you can go from DS mode to GBA mode via software, but you can only go from GBA mode to DS mode by powering off the system.

jsmith45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph has released v1.9d of his 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool. He seems to have added soft reset support for the M3 and G6 Real, though it's hard to be totally sure from a Google translation.

Get it here: http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/Rudolph/

Soft reset is now supported on the R4, M3 Simply, DSLink, AceKard (I think), AceKard RPG, Supercard DS One, NinjaPass X9TF, CycloDS Evolution, G6 Real and M3 Real.
I'm not sure it has support for the CycloEvo. It looks like it does not. It does not have built in support for it, and
the Google translation says " R4, Evo, AK, AK +, this method can not be reset." which implies to me that this meathod could not be used on those cards.

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Rest assured, the soft reset has being working on the R4 since the v1.9
I only say R4 in my post because thats all I have. I'm not even going to bother looking at the post to see what you mean. Just seems odd how everyone else seems to have read it differently from you.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rest assured, the soft reset has being working on the R4 since the v1.9
I only say R4 in my post because thats all I have. I'm not even going to bother looking at the post to see what you mean. Just seems odd how everyone else seems to have read it differently from you.
Maybe it's a bugfix or something. As in:

Fixed the bug which prevented the R4, Evo, AK and AK+ from Soft Resetting.

I don't know...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure it has support for the CycloEvo. It looks like it does not. It does not have built in support for it, and
the Google translation says " R4, Evo, AK, AK +, this method can not be reset." which implies to me that this meathod could not be used on those cards.
There are apparently two different methods that Rudolph is using for soft reset. The old method just works with the supported carts. The new method that was added in this update seems to require a soft reset file of some sort to be placed on the slot 1 cart. I'm guessing "R4, Evo, AK, AK +, this method can not be reset" means that the new method won't work on those carts.

The R4 and AK are definitely supported, but you may be right about the Evo. I was typing the list of supported carts partially from memory, and now that I look back through the blog I can find an entry about Rudolph recieving an Evo, but nothing about him adding support for it.

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get where it's telling you to "Please rename PASSCARD3_AMFE00.nds of the backup to SoftReset.g6ds and copy it." Where do I find that stuff? It's confusing me!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Is that also an acekard loader with support for slot 2 carts (ezflash i'm guessing) on the latest article?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't get where it's telling you to "Please rename PASSCARD3_AMFE00.nds of the backup to SoftReset.g6ds and copy it." Where do I find that stuff? It's confusing me!
It looks to me like you're supposed to dump the G6/M3 Real with his backup tool, then rename the resulting .nds file to "SoftReset.g6ds" or "SoftReset.M3DS". I don't have a Real (or an SCDS1) so I can't test it myself.

Is that also an acekard loader with support for slot 2 carts (ezflash i'm guessing) on the latest article?
That's what it looks like.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared