RTL819xCU homepass issues

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by mijuu, Dec 21, 2014.

1. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    I have one of these usb wireless N dongles. But for the life of me I cannot get it to set its bloody mac address. I can get the network and connectivity working fine the bloody things mac just will not change. Tried updating the driver but was already using the latest version.

Do I have to buy a new adapter just for homepass, sure looks that way.

2. 5rg

5rg Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2009
    Serbia, Republic of
    I also have the same usb dongle. It's possible to change mac via regedit.

3. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    Doesnt work, the network address string already existed in the regedit for what i was trying to set it to but when launching the homepass bat it still reads the true physical mac, fuck knows. appreciate the help though, think im fucked and will have to buy a new dongle, waste of money.

4. jagerstaffel

jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2008
    United States
    Macshift works for my rtl819, I'm on windows 7 64 bit. Perhaps you need permissions?

5. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    What do you mean?

6. Commoner

Commoner GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2013
    You probably need to run Macshift as Administrator. You should be able to do this by right clicking on you shortcut to Command Prompt and selecting "Run As Adiministrator". Then you can continue running Macshift with the appropriate parameters as normal.

You will of course need to be logged in as a user with administrator privileges to do this.

7. mijuu
    OP

mijuu GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2010
    ok guys this is how i got it working just incase anyone has a similar problem. Changing mac via registry didnt work for me. What did work for me was using a program called smacs, this however wouldn't work in windows 7 x64. So i used 7 x86 on a virtual box and the the full version of smacs not the demo version. I then created the hotspot via the realteks own tool the automatic home pass ones didn't seem to work for me, this hotspot was created with no security (this is key) and the mac had to be changed with smacs and then the adapter manually disabled and re enabled for the mac to change. A pain in the arse but at least it works. I could not seem to get any mac changing program to work other than this smacs method.