Gaming RPGs on the wii?!?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
monster hunter pretty much IS a MMORPG and you get the most fun from it playing online with others yes you can go online
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dysan said:
one piece seems nice as well.but do you level up in that one?
No level as of Player level, but only Player's skill.
each time you use a skill, you train it, and unlock better one. there's 8 playable characters. It's more adventure games than RPG. You have to find a lot of items, mix them together to create new one opening new locations, etc., you have to come back later at different place, like a metroid game.

opoona wtf? Yeah, what's wrong ?
laugh.gif

It's colorful, and with childish graphics, but it's a real RPG, with battles/exp/level/story.
Many people don't like it though, just try it and make your own thought.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
yes I know of the undubed version but sadly I didn't search around much and now I have the standard english version.

It's better dubbed tbh.
Since only minor roles are truly crappy, it's 100% better to have the characters talk out their lines.
Might as well mute the volume if you'd use the undub version instead.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
well I played valhalla knights today and it really seems like a great game!
reminds me an awful lot of monster hunter but the fact that the character progression is shaped like a western RPG is enough to look past its flaws.
does it have split screen co-op or is it only wi-fi?

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
yes I've played TOS1 and it was awesome as well

but something about TOS2 made me love it to a new level...I'm pretty sure it was because of emil and marta's love story
smile.gif
you got to really love and tie in with the characters since you used them all of the time
THAT is why TOS2 is the best and most memorable JRPG I've ever played
notice the J
ofcourse my favourite RPG isn't japanese but as far as japanese RPGs go then yeah,TOS2 is my favourite

on-topic: played a bit more of valhalla knights over the past few days and I absolutely LOVE its system and everything that has to do with the gameplay(so far!)
but the graphics and sound really kill the game...I wasn't expecting me to say that!
everything is grey in this game , NO EXCEPTIONS!
the only way you can determine if the thing in front of you is a wall or an enemy is because the enemies are slightly greyer and tend to make noises
if the graphics were clearer and more colourful this would have been an instant classic!

played rune factory:frontier as well which I like very much
biggrin.gif

but isn't there some way to make a special attack or something for each of the tools?
I remember the DS has speciall actions where you watered everything around and didn't have to about watering everything individually...isn't there something in the WII version?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why it's so difficult to just get some more traditional JRPGs onto the Wii.
They often do quite well at least. But instead, we get loads of random RPGs: few decent, most terrible.

I mean, I can only think of Monster Hunter Tri, ToS, Arc Rise Fantasia, and a couple others as being acceptable. Everything else is pretty much.. terrible so to speak.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
I don't get why it's so difficult to just get some more traditional JRPGs onto the Wii.
They often do quite well at least. But instead, we get loads of random RPGs: few decent, most terrible.

I mean, I can only think of Monster Hunter Tri, ToS, Arc Rise Fantasia, and a couple others as being acceptable. Everything else is pretty much.. terrible so to speak.

What puzzles me is that most of the good RPG are either on PS2/PS3 or Xbox 360. Really. RPG is not about graphic you know.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
trumpet-205 said:
Raiser said:

What puzzles me is that most of the good RPG are either on PS2/PS3 or Xbox 360. Really. RPG is not about graphic you know.
Of course. Graphics are the last thing that should be on RPG players' minds.

I'm guessing that's part of the reason why developers don't bother with RPGs on the Wii- the graphical restrictions.
I mean, you have a good idea for a game, but then you stop and think.. "oh, the Wii can't handle it".

Monster Hunter Tri, Super Mario Galaxy, and many other games have great graphics.
Even Arc Rise Fantasia could've been good if a couple nicks here and there were touched up on.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
There aren't many RPG titles that are released on the Wii. Monster Hunter Tri is recommendable, as with Arc Rise Fantasia (though you should probably go for the Japanese edition if possible, the North American version is terrible). I also recommend Muramasa: The Demon Blade, though it isn't too much of an RPG, more of an Action-Adventure side scroller with RPG elements, but it's easily one of the best third-party titles out there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1