Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Epic times

The overview

-Wi-Fi for sharing games

-Downloadable content (monsters, buildings, environments, etc.)

-Local wireless for sharing games

-Ability to put your portrait in the game (DSi feature)

-Old School Dragon Quest style battles

-Based off of RPG Maker 2003 with elements from XP, VX, and 2000

-Will have collaboration content from Pixiv (mainly in game artwork and DLC)

-March 11, 2010

-5460 yen (It's $54.90 on Play Asia in case you want to import)

Main Source

For those buying and/or downloading what kind of story, aspects, etc. you will be working on in this game, don't be shy, share your ideas.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The RPG Makers for consoles/handhelds aren't very good, imo.

It's always best to just use the PC one, since you can import practically anything, and it's easier just using mouse + keyboard.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Looks quite amusing. The Wi-Fi sharing and DLC look really impressive. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of DQ style battles (are there alternate ones by any chance?).

There hasn't been any screenshots for alternate battles but there are both realistic and more FFIV style monster sprites avaliable so there could be an option for 90's FFIV-V style battles in the game.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MarkDarkness said:
If it builds a community, it could be interesting.

There's already a really good RPG Maker community.

Look up RPG Maker Pavillion

I had a topic about this game up with a link to the RPG Maker DS fansite that might grow into a community once the game is released and then there's the Japanese sites.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somehow I was hoping for the feature to export games onto the SD card of the dsi where one could then easily distribute their game online... and other's could play it as a stand alone game with their dsi's....

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AWESOME! i love playing people ridiculous games made with these programs. i doubt it will be all that good, but ill try it.

And Guildy Locks, i hope. i know in the ones for pc you could just program it out to pretty much whatever you wanted, if you knew python. im guessing that may not be an option in a ds version though.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark_linis said:
somehow I was hoping for the feature to export games onto the SD card of the dsi where one could then easily distribute their game online... and other's could play it as a stand alone game with their dsi's....

Not possible at the moment however there's DS download play if a friend doesn't have the game, but the save feature is disabled and the game disappears when the DS or DSi is off.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
lol. I foresee an RPG made with nothing but raging boners.
i cant wait to play it.

With a boner.
smileipb2.png

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hop2089 said:
MarkDarkness said:
If it builds a community, it could be interesting.

There's already a really good RPG Maker community.

Look up RPG Maker Pavillion

I had a topic about this game up with a link to the RPG Maker DS fansite that might grow into a community once the game is released and then there's the Japanese sites.
I happen to have been part of the Maker community for a few years.
wink.gif
What I mean is a DS Maker community. I don't know if the limitations of the platform will be very pleasing to more skilled users. I for one would find it pretty hard to not be able to use RGSS and have limited text functions.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I also foresee An epic 40 hour long RPG, with the main boss being Rick Astley. His Dialog is the entirety of the lyrics of "Never gonna give you up", thus collapsing the universe with the most epic rickroll of all time.

Just remember. I called it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
BortzANATOR said:
dudeonline said:
i cant wait to play it.

With a boner.
smileipb2.png

You are giving me the urge to make a short RPG based on a yuri story that I written back in High School out of boredom.

Heehee "Urge"...
smileipb2.png

Ah shit i watched the video for the first time, its in Japanese. of course its in Jananese. That means it will be a dogs age before i get to use a version that is readable let alone usable.
No release dates yet im guessing?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do very much want...

I remember people on alot of the RPG Maker XP forums saying "Omg when are they going to make a RPG Maker 3D or RPG Maker DS!?".

However ever since VX their work just seems lazy...they don't really add anything completely new for people to utilize.

Still cool though, I will patiently wait for some cool rom hacks and ways to share games via the computer.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Hop2089 said:
BortzANATOR said:
dudeonline said:
i cant wait to play it.

With a boner.
smileipb2.png

You are giving me the urge to make a short RPG based on a yuri story that I written back in High School out of boredom.

Heehee "Urge"...
smileipb2.png

Ah shit i watched the video for the first time, its in Japanese. of course its in Jananese. That means it will be a dogs age before i get to use a version that is readable let alone usable.
No release dates yet im guessing?

There will be a translation or translations of this game simply put it, somebody at GBAtemp will want to do a translation and many people at RPG Maker Pavillion will do translations, there's also a chance of a walkthrough on the functions and features translated into English. I also doubt this will hit the US.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, it's a shame this has DSi features, but only limited to the camera. If they wanted, they probably could have utilized the SD cards and allow users to import music/graphics from their computers. Ah well. It's not like the default RPG Maker music is awful, but still. Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably for the best. Most games would just wind up using the entirety of Final Fantasy soundtracks or something.
unsure.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:
Man, it's a shame this has DSi features, but only limited to the camera. If they wanted, they probably could have utilized the SD cards and allow users to import music/graphics from their computers. Ah well. It's not like the default RPG Maker music is awful, but still. Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably for the best. Most games would just wind up using the entirety of Final Fantasy soundtracks or something.
unsure.gif

That wouldn't happen due to copyright issues especially with graphics, if they added that in then what's going to stop a person from putting for example a sprite of Cloud in the game.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Things like that already happen with the PC RPG Makers, yet as far as I know, no one's complaining (At least no one outside the RPG Maker community anyway). I can't count the number of projects I've seen that features characters from other RPG franchises, whether they're sprite rips or just sprites based off of them.

Although this does look pretty impressive, especially something on the Handheld (This is probably the best non-PC RPG Maker I've ever seen), PC RPG Makers are really the way to go if you want full customization for your game. XP and VX has scripting for advanced users, and they're easy enough to work with without touching the scripts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...