RPG Maker DS PV

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hop2089, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010

RPG Maker DS PV by Hop2089 at 12:56 AM (2,197 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Epic times

The overview

-Wi-Fi for sharing games

-Downloadable content (monsters, buildings, environments, etc.)

-Local wireless for sharing games

-Ability to put your portrait in the game (DSi feature)

-Old School Dragon Quest style battles

-Based off of RPG Maker 2003 with elements from XP, VX, and 2000

-Will have collaboration content from Pixiv (mainly in game artwork and DLC)

-March 11, 2010

-5460 yen (It's $54.90 on Play Asia in case you want to import)

Main Source

For those buying and/or downloading what kind of story, aspects, etc. you will be working on in this game, don't be shy, share your ideas.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Looks quite amusing. The Wi-Fi sharing and DLC look really impressive. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of DQ style battles (are there alternate ones by any chance?).

3. Jaems

Member Jaems GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The RPG Makers for consoles/handhelds aren't very good, imo.

It's always best to just use the PC one, since you can import practically anything, and it's easier just using mouse + keyboard.

4. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    There hasn't been any screenshots for alternate battles but there are both realistic and more FFIV style monster sprites avaliable so there could be an option for 90's FFIV-V style battles in the game.

5. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    If it builds a community, it could be interesting.

6. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    There's already a really good RPG Maker community.

Look up RPG Maker Pavillion

I had a topic about this game up with a link to the RPG Maker DS fansite that might grow into a community once the game is released and then there's the Japanese sites.

7. Dark_linis

Member Dark_linis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    somehow I was hoping for the feature to export games onto the SD card of the dsi where one could then easily distribute their game online... and other's could play it as a stand alone game with their dsi's....

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    AWESOME! i love playing people ridiculous games made with these programs. i doubt it will be all that good, but ill try it.

And Guildy Locks, i hope. i know in the ones for pc you could just program it out to pretty much whatever you wanted, if you knew python. im guessing that may not be an option in a ds version though.

9. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    lol. I foresee an RPG made with nothing but raging boners.

10. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Not possible at the moment however there's DS download play if a friend doesn't have the game, but the save feature is disabled and the game disappears when the DS or DSi is off.

11. BORTZ

United States
    i cant wait to play it.

With a boner. [​IMG]

12. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    You are giving me the urge to make a short RPG based on a yuri story that I written back in High School out of boredom.

13. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    I happen to have been part of the Maker community for a few years. [​IMG] What I mean is a DS Maker community. I don't know if the limitations of the platform will be very pleasing to more skilled users. I for one would find it pretty hard to not be able to use RGSS and have limited text functions.

14. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I also foresee An epic 40 hour long RPG, with the main boss being Rick Astley. His Dialog is the entirety of the lyrics of "Never gonna give you up", thus collapsing the universe with the most epic rickroll of all time.

Just remember. I called it.

15. BORTZ

United States
    Heehee "Urge"... [​IMG]

Ah shit i watched the video for the first time, its in Japanese. of course its in Jananese. That means it will be a dogs age before i get to use a version that is readable let alone usable.
    No release dates yet im guessing?

16. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Do very much want...

I remember people on alot of the RPG Maker XP forums saying "Omg when are they going to make a RPG Maker 3D or RPG Maker DS!?".

However ever since VX their work just seems lazy...they don't really add anything completely new for people to utilize.

Still cool though, I will patiently wait for some cool rom hacks and ways to share games via the computer.

17. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    There will be a translation or translations of this game simply put it, somebody at GBAtemp will want to do a translation and many people at RPG Maker Pavillion will do translations, there's also a chance of a walkthrough on the functions and features translated into English. I also doubt this will hit the US.

18. DemonicChocobo

Member DemonicChocobo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Man, it's a shame this has DSi features, but only limited to the camera. If they wanted, they probably could have utilized the SD cards and allow users to import music/graphics from their computers. Ah well. It's not like the default RPG Maker music is awful, but still. Actually, now that I think about it, it's probably for the best. Most games would just wind up using the entirety of Final Fantasy soundtracks or something. [​IMG]

19. Hop2089
    OP

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That wouldn't happen due to copyright issues especially with graphics, if they added that in then what's going to stop a person from putting for example a sprite of Cloud in the game.

20. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Things like that already happen with the PC RPG Makers, yet as far as I know, no one's complaining (At least no one outside the RPG Maker community anyway). I can't count the number of projects I've seen that features characters from other RPG franchises, whether they're sprite rips or just sprites based off of them.

Although this does look pretty impressive, especially something on the Handheld (This is probably the best non-PC RPG Maker I've ever seen), PC RPG Makers are really the way to go if you want full customization for your game. XP and VX has scripting for advanced users, and they're easy enough to work with without touching the scripts.