RPG Maker 3DS - I've created mods for the game!

windmill Aug 16, 2019.

1. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    First, I'd like to note that this could be done with luma3DS, but I haven't gotten around to ripping the romfs for this. Second, I forgot how to do spoilers. Whoops.

With Citra's new update I decided to toy around with the new Dump Graphics and load Custom graphics options. With that, I turned one of the boring Generic characters into Erdrick from Dragon Quest 3. It's would be safe to assume that with enough effort, I could create new character slots to have Erdrick not replace vanilla assets. I'll keep working with the files how I can. Anyone else I should try and add to this once I figure out more about how the games graphics are stored and such? Lemme know if you'd like!
    download (1).
    mzc8rJEYTuC9j_sPvmdd7A. Main lead here is from Japanese Exclusive DLC, maybe ill make a tutorial on how to access it sometime

2. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Citra has a dump graphics option? Neat!

3. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Will this work on the actual 3DS itself?

4. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    I don't know yet, I haven't ripped the RomFS for the game. If I did rip it, I would have to locate the files and find a way to open the files. Unless the files happen to be stored as PNGs. I'll update this if I can do it.

5. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    Alright, I'll get to ripping the ROMFS now! I got more characters prepared. Screenshot_1.

ExData7 likes this.
  6. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    It'll take forever to find the files, (I have to decompress them one at a time) but It'll be done soon enough. Screenshot_1.

7. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    IMG_20190915_212713. It's here

NANASHI89 likes this.
  8. Typical888

Typical888 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    So does it work on 3ds

9. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    Boi. Just cause i use a 2DS doesnt mean when i release the mod it wont work on a 3ds

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    So far no where on here have you really stated you have been working on this for a console. The last time it was asked it was not really answered and no update to if ya moved to a console to use these on.

11. windmill
    OP

windmill Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    United States
    fair enough, whoops. the image is of custom emotes ON a 2DS though.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted