Router "Problem"

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Prime, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Prime
    OP

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    This isn't really a problem but something that is strange.

My router only connects to the internet when something asks for it to do so. It use to connect straight away but now when i turn the router the LED for "Internet" doesn't turn on, it stays off then when i go to firefox or some other program which requires access to the internet the LED turns on and all is fine. When i go and turn the router on and then my 360 my 360 can't sign into live straight away like it use to, I have to pick connect to live then the led turns on and i can connect.

Have i disabled something in the router website thing which makes this happen? My router is a Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway WAG200G with firmware 1.01.06

2. cepheus

cepheus GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2008
    Canada
    Ottawa - THE CAPITALLLLLL!!!!!
    hmm I have never encountered this problem and I have a linksys as well (not same model though).

do you have a wii or ps3 or laptop to try the internet connection?

maybe it is the xbox itself?

3. Prime
    OP

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    it cant be my xbox itself. My wii, When i enter the internet browser it doesn't display any website untill i reset the channel and try again.

4. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    Your router might have a setting such as

Always on,
    Connect When Needed
    Off

switch it to always on

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice