Hacking ROMs sharing SAVs?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
2 different ROMs? I don't think it's possible, you will lose the gamesave for the 1st game if you renaming the SAV file to the 2nd game. Just let them have a SAV file for each game.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing I can think of is to have 2 of the same ROM on the cart and just name them differently.

Example:
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy IV

It will end up taking up twice the space, but it will work.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the same ROM twice, but named differently, it will create a separate save file for each ROM.

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
If you use the same ROM twice, but named differently, it will create a separate save file for each ROM.
No, he wants to know whether you can make the savefiels together (like one combined one).

And no, renaming is probably the best way to do it.

archagon

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want to play Rhythm Tengoku Gold undubbed, but the hack messes up some of the songs. However, since the saves between the J and US versions are compatible, I could share one save between the two ROMs and use the US version whenever I want to read text.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No chance of sticking one rom in a directory but using the same name as one rom in another directory (no R4 here but I assume it has a save file directory)?

Also thanks for the suggestion on the undub, I am always on the lookout for an undub that fails in some way from a basic replacement. If I get really bored I might try out my cheat idea (attach sound to end of file and use cheats to alter pointers at will)

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So uh put the game and sav in the same folder(away from the other games) it should work.....considering I run lameboy from it's own folder......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky