Roms not working with latest wood

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by vonbio, Apr 21, 2011.

Apr 21, 2011
  1. vonbio
    OP

Newcomer vonbio Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'll be honest and confess im a n00b when it comes to the DS

I'm using an R4 card original currently on v1.24
    Can only get a few roms to work, mostly they just load to white screens then crash

I've formatted my micro sd a few times and tried different firmware to get pokemon white working

formatted again and put wood v1.28, v1.26 but still no luck with pokemon white, its a clean rom, i've also tried doing the rudolf patch but to no avail.

if someone could PLEASE help me out, i've searched high and low, and always been linked back to this site, but everything is quite confusing to me x_x

if possible can u please IM me on msn

syntheticinfection@live.co.uk

Thanks in advance

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Use a patched rom.
    And use panasonic SD formatter.
    No need for telling everyone your Email

3. vonbio
    OP

Newcomer vonbio Newbie

United Kingdom
    why is the panasonic better then just right clicking n hittin format??

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Because the windows formatter formats it as a disk.
    Panasonic SD formatter formats as a SD card.

5. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Here is a list of games that are known work with Wood R4: R4 compatibility list. Its not a few games that work, but almost all games work (99.28% currently). Always use the latest Wood R4, using an older version is pointless. Do NOT use patched games, a patch changes the checksum and Wood R4 will not recognize the game and any support for the game is lost. Only use clean games.

If you have a clean game and the game is reported working on the site but it still does not work for you, then it is not a Wood R4 problem but a problem with your flash card, SD card or even your DS. Some SD cards are not fast enough or have compatibility problem. The site I mentioned also has a list of SD card experiences.

If I would make a guess my guess would be the problem is the SD card. Especially because you say you only get a few roms to work. Formatting with the SD card formatter may help, it was proven to help with games that need sufficient speed like the Castlevania games.

6. Seaking

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i have been talking with him on msn messenger, seems he has an R4 SDHC card [​IMG] asked him to take pictures so it would be easier to track down the right firmware for it

Edit: his card
    [​IMG]

7. Stropdasje

Member Stropdasje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    R4 SDHC card is a good explanation for the problems. So it was not the SD card, I should give up guessing... Best advice is to get a new card that works. And if the goal is to run Pokemon then just buy the game, it is worth it...

8. Seaking

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    seems Retrogamerfan updates wouldnt work, already tried that.

most of my ideas to get it to work didnt work [​IMG] i gave vonbio three links to R4 cards that are less then 2$ and run wood