Hacking Roms not working with latest wood

vonbio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll be honest and confess im a n00b when it comes to the DS

I'm using an R4 card original currently on v1.24
Can only get a few roms to work, mostly they just load to white screens then crash

I've formatted my micro sd a few times and tried different firmware to get pokemon white working

formatted again and put wood v1.28, v1.26 but still no luck with pokemon white, its a clean rom, i've also tried doing the rudolf patch but to no avail.

if someone could PLEASE help me out, i've searched high and low, and always been linked back to this site, but everything is quite confusing to me x_x

if possible can u please IM me on msn

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is a list of games that are known work with Wood R4: R4 compatibility list. Its not a few games that work, but almost all games work (99.28% currently). Always use the latest Wood R4, using an older version is pointless. Do NOT use patched games, a patch changes the checksum and Wood R4 will not recognize the game and any support for the game is lost. Only use clean games.

If you have a clean game and the game is reported working on the site but it still does not work for you, then it is not a Wood R4 problem but a problem with your flash card, SD card or even your DS. Some SD cards are not fast enough or have compatibility problem. The site I mentioned also has a list of SD card experiences.

If I would make a guess my guess would be the problem is the SD card. Especially because you say you only get a few roms to work. Formatting with the SD card formatter may help, it was proven to help with games that need sufficient speed like the Castlevania games.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been talking with him on msn messenger, seems he has an R4 SDHC card
frown.gif
asked him to take pictures so it would be easier to track down the right firmware for it

Edit: his card
nl6g01.jpg

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
R4 SDHC card is a good explanation for the problems. So it was not the SD card, I should give up guessing... Best advice is to get a new card that works. And if the goal is to run Pokemon then just buy the game, it is worth it...

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems Retrogamerfan updates wouldnt work, already tried that.

most of my ideas to get it to work didnt work
frown.gif
i gave vonbio three links to R4 cards that are less then 2$ and run wood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.