Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Rominator v5.2
Faster sorting, bug fixes and additions
rominatorshot.jpg

Hot off the Rominator press, Hankchill has released version 5.2 of his popular ROM manager. This new version includes faster sorting, box art region filter and many more additions and fixes.

[title:Changelog]
Changelog said:
v5.2 Release Notes:
[FIX] Any email address is now recognized, since there were people with weird suffixes in their emails, so I got rid of suffix checking; it'll now just make sure that it resembles an email.

[FIX] If you checked the box to append dates to save files, even though the setting would save and be active, next time going into the Settings it would show it as disabled, even though it is active.

[+] Netherlands has been added as a new region.

[FIX] Changed the way Rominator sorts the games, now it sorts 10x faster than before.

[FIX] Fixed a bug that would not display the full game name if a .rz file was dropped onto Rominator.

[FIX] Fixed an identification bug, now Zips should properly identify when using 'Identify' in the Actions dropdown.

[+] Added in a Region Filter for the Box Art Manager, so you only need to download the boxes for the regions you want to.

[FIX] Fixed bug in Box Art Manager that would crash when clicking on the box by accident.

[FIX] Fixed a bug with transferring Zip games over to your flash card from your list -- They should now transfer properly. Transferring Zip through the Rom Queue may still not work properly -- Baby steps!

[FIX] Changed title bar to say 'Update XXXX', where XXXX is the number of roms in the database, instead of 'XXXX Games in DB'

[+] Updated rZip format to rZip v3, which now incorporates the CRC directly into the Rom, which now makes for instant recognition with the Rom Validator in the Toolbox.

So what are you waiting for? Grab the latest version from the GBAtemp download center below:

download.gif
Download (Windows)
download.gif
Download (MAC OS X)
download.gif
Download (Linux)

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huzzah! I thank Henry for all his great work on this app. Lots of people use it and depend on him, and even with his busy schedule he can make great updates!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Henry, here's a little something I made for you, use it if you'd like to or not if you don't
tongue.gif

HankChill.jpg

Plus, a Christmas version for now:
HankChillXMAS.jpg

Thanks for everything!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
While I'm here, I thought I'd give away one more, final clue to the Easter Egg in Rominator:
• Search across the stars in the galaxy to find it

In case you missed it, here are the other clues:
• Another System
• Good luck finding it

The winner will receive some advertising space in Rominator, basically with the messaging system, they will be able to provide their own message, image, and link to the website from within Rominator. First one to PM me with a screenshot of the easter egg, wins.

EDIT: Salamence, love those avatars... In fact, I will use the Christmas one as my first EVER avatar
smile.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Henry, remember to input 100x120 as the Offset File Size in the avatar settings, or else the ava will be screwed up!

EDIT: Much better
tongue.gif

EDIT 2: Ugh, can't find the Easter Egg, now I know it has something to do with SMG, but if you want to make me download the whole game, Henry, you've got it wrong
tongue.gif

paul_b

Trophies
XP
Country
While I'm here, I thought I'd give away one more, final clue to the Easter Egg in Rominator:
• Search across the stars in the galaxy to find it

In case you missed it, here are the other clues:
• Another System
• Good luck finding it

The winner will receive some advertising space in Rominator, basically with the messaging system, they will be able to provide their own message, image, and link to the website from within Rominator. First one to PM me with a screenshot of the easter egg, wins.

EDIT: Salamence, love those avatars... In fact, I will use the Christmas one as my first EVER avatar
smile.gif

Hi Hankchill,

Just come across your application and looks good. I have a suggestion to make for a future release.

Hows about including a FTP facility so rather than having to remove your flash card from the DS you can remotely manage your roms. This would make life easier.
grog.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Hankchill,

Just come across your application and looks good. I have a suggestion to make for a future release.

Hows about including a FTP facility so rather than having to remove your flash card from the DS you can remotely manage your roms. This would make life easier.
grog.gif

I think it would be kinda pointless to remotely manage games. Implementing FTP is really easy, but I do not think it's necessary at all. Rominator is meant to be a Local manager, and would require extra software to be loaded onto the DS. I like to keep requirements down to a minimum -- It's not all that hard to plug in a flash card to manage your games
smile.gif

@salamence: No, you are not required to download anything extra to find the easter egg.

paul_b

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Hankchill,

Just come across your application and looks good. I have a suggestion to make for a future release.

Hows about including a FTP facility so rather than having to remove your flash card from the DS you can remotely manage your roms. This would make life easier.
grog.gif

I think it would be kinda pointless to remotely manage games. Implementing FTP is really easy, but I do not think it's necessary at all. Rominator is meant to be a Local manager, and would require extra software to be loaded onto the DS. I like to keep requirements down to a minimum -- It's not all that hard to plug in a flash card to manage your games
smile.gif

@salamence: No, you are not required to download anything extra to find the easter egg.

Thanks for replying. I am a bit suprised you say it pointless
huh.gif
This would be a excellent feature and would take advantage of the wireless functionality. Also mechanically taking the card in and out of the DS cant do it any good.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for replying. I am a bit suprised you say it pointless
huh.gif
 This would be a excellent feature and would take advantage of the wireless functionality. Also mechanically taking the card in and out of the DS cant do it any good.

I just can't see it being anything more than a novelty that only a couple people would really use. If the flash cards were designed for it to be bad taking the card in and out, they wouldn't have made it that way
tongue.gif
I've had an R4 since they got released, plus a 2GB card, it's going out and in every day and no issues
smile.gif

Another thing to consider is speed. I'm all about speed, and hosting an FTP server on your DS is not going to yield you the fastest transfer speeds, even with a standard high speed connection. You *will* be waiting a while to transfer a single 128MB game, versus taking the 5 seconds to take out your card, plug it in your computer, and waiting 10 seconds for a 128MB game to transfer over.

So when you think about it, given the size of DS games, managing and transferring back n' forth through FTP is just not feasible.

paul_b

Trophies
XP
Country
Go point about the transfer time. I reckon it will take about a minute and half to transfer a 128MB file.

It would be interesting to know how many people would want this facility though. I put this question out to people:

Who would like ftp functionality in rominator?

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
FTP ... nice, but not nececary.... maybe for uploading games directly to DS, ... but considering speed of such operation .... eh ...

I would rather see GBA-Rominator since there is no any GBA manager for Mac OS X and Linux ...

same app just different database ... ex. Offline list

foomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i must be dumb. the program looks awesome, but i just cant get it set up right. its more of a hassle to use :/

ive got an r4 so i dunno if it can get eaiser than drag and drop...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol