Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Rominator v3.2.1 Released

DS ROM Organiser

rominatorshot.jpg

Hankchill is on a roll with his latest version of the popular DS ROM organiser, Rominator. This new version brings about a lot of additions including an extensive save system that lets you organise your save files.

changelog said:
- A new friendly introduction screen has been added, so new users can now do an initial setup process before diving into the program.

- Added a 'Make a Donation' menu item in the Help Menu

- Help > Rominator Help now points to the upcoming Rominator help Web Site

- Extensive Save System - Now you can organize your saves, import them, export them, replace them, comment them, and have as many as you want for each game.

- Changed the Save Manager. Through the save manager you can see the existing saves in the database and only delete from them, without having the actual game at hand.

- Fixed ever so slight misalignment of the Colours in the settings

- When changing the Naming Scheme, the example live-updates to show you exactly how it'll look before you press the Set button to confirm.

- Replaced Character Omissions with an entire String Replacement System, so this way you can define exactly which strings of text or characters you want changed yourself.

- Restricted special characters now cannot be used in the naming scheme or game names.

- Fixed small bug with Multilanguage Tags leaving behind a space if it's being followed by a space.

- Fixed a small bug that would crash Rominator if you dragged a game onto the game list area but dropped it on an empty space if you had more than 1 list available.

- It is now possible to rename game lists and smart lists (Except the Games and Flash lists)

- If Rominator now ever stops functioning correctly due to the window position (ie closing the program while minimized), press and hold the Shift key when launching Rominator to restore the window position to the default.

- An option to delete the default folder is available in the Tools menu.

- Fixed a bug that would allow the special delimiter that separates the string replacers to be used

- You can now edit the string replacements by double clicking on them, instead of deleting and adding a new one.

- Option to AutoSort Alphabetically or By Number

- If you ever experience problems with the settings not functioning, holding the Ctrl+Alt keys down while launching Rominator will allow you to reset to the factory default settings.

Rominator is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Please select your operating system below.

download.gif
Windows

download.gif
Mac OS X

download.gif
Linux

akira28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your application is awesome!
Thank you for the great job
biggrin.gif

I have a question, the db updates are manteined by you or is taken elsewhere?
And there's the possibility to add demos and other xxxx?
A wiki-like project where the community could help to create the rom's db should be great
biggrin.gif
I could help with my knowledge in web application creation (php, mysql and so on)
Bye!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I haven't been able to do the database update, I've been incredibly busy with personal family matters, but don't worry, I'll get around to it tonight a deliver the update for midnight EST.

Regards.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I still get an error message when I try to install it in Linux:
Code:
bb@bb-desktop:~$ sh rominator_linux.gz
rominator_linux.gz: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
Can anyone help? cause I can't live without this app...

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Code:

I'll reupload it without the ( in the name, since it's named "Rominator for NDS (Linux)", I'll take out the (Linux) portion
smile.gif

Regards.

Empyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsbrew.com
XP
Country
You could try un gzipping it an running the executable inside.. just a thought,

You might also need to chmod it so that its executable.

And its not a shell script so no 'sh' required.

Code:

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I keep getting the same error when I run it from a terminal.
Executing the file inside the gzip doesn't work either because I get an error that there's not a program suitable for it's installation.
I don't see how chmod ding it would work since the file inside the gzip is already an executable
frown.gif

Maybe someone could provide a step by step tutorial for installing it?

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I keep getting an error. Here's what I do (I replaced the gzip command for gunzip, since it wasn't working that way, the file is already compressed and I guessed this is what you meant):

Code:
gunzip -r rominator_linux.gz
chmod 777 rominator_linux
rominator_linux

Then I get this error:
bash: rominator_linux: command not found

Xtreme Bug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not setting it as an executable, you're just changing the user permissions (which you shouldn't need to do). To set it as an executable, you have to run "chmod +x rominator_linux" and then you should be able to run it without any problems at all. You can also just right click on the file and go to the properties menu. There should be an option at the bottom that allows you to set it as an executable. From then, you should just be able to double click the icon and run it like an exe on windows.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Done it. This is how I did it and will leave it here as a reference to other Linux noobs:

Code:
gunzip -r rominator_linux.gz
chmod 777 rominator_linux
./rominator_linux

Note: It's not sure that the chmod part is necessary or not.

Empyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsbrew.com
XP
Country
oops! I meant "gzip -d" to decompress -r is recursive and isn't required, thats why the next command failed I screwed up and it didn't get decompressed.

chmod 777 sets the file to rwxrwxrwx
chmod 755 would also work, that gives rwxr-xr-x
chmod 744 would also work but only you could execute it, rwxr--r--

depending on the existing protections and your access level you might need to sudo that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_system_p...#Octal_notation

you shouldn't need the ./ if it's executable.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
felixstrife said:
wow awesome such a good trimmer
gbasp.gif

This isn't a trimmer. And you're going to cause confusion by bumping YEAR OLD topics. I've put in a request to get this one locked, because it's obviously a much older version.

Do the board a favour and STOP POSTING USELESS CRAP IN OLD TOPICS. If that is too much for you to handle, then don't post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always suggest kneepads with wheels to help with knee pain, then I get slapped