Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Keviii94 said:
I already uses 3 virus scanners AVG & Norton and PAnda

Buddy, there's been over 15,000 downloads of Rominator, if there was a virus in it, don't you think *everyone* would have been complaining months ago?

Before you go and make wild accusations, do your homework. There aren't viruses in Rominator. Get better anti virus, or clean up your already infected. system.

*sigh* n00bs.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
hankchill said:
Keviii94 said:
I already uses 3 virus scanners AVG & Norton and PAnda

Buddy, there's been over 15,000 downloads of Rominator, if there was a virus in it, don't you think *everyone* would have been complaining months ago?

Before you go and make wild accusations, do your homework. There aren't viruses in Rominator. Get better anti virus, or clean up your already infected. system.

*sigh* n00bs.
Sorry OK

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Love the new version, thanks for all your hard work. I made sure to donate, keep up the good work
tongue.gif

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The interface is the exact same. Turn on the toolbar in the options or view menu or whatever (sorry not on the computer with rominator.)

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Henry - I would be fully insulted i someone stated I was releasing a virus. As you rightly pointed out - if it had a virus in it thousands of complaints would have been made.

@Dirt4Live - One thing you should keep in mind is that having more than 1 AV software program can cause major conflicts with each other and result in the AV software not performing the way it should. More than one AV software can make for a very unstable computer enviorment.

Either get rid of 2 of them or better yet get rid of all of them (if you did nto pay for them) and get AVG for Free.

Click on the following link ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/launch.exe to download an easy use app to run an express scan (which auto starts when you load the app and click OK) on your computer to check for any current threats you may have. (Takes anywhere up to 10 minutes to complete) If nothing gets picked up then it is highly likely you do not have a virus and getting a false positive somehow with your other software. Alternatively after the simple scan is completed run a complete scan - which may take a few hours - but will do a thorough scan of all files on your computer.

If Rominator is detected as infected it WILL be due to a current virus on your machine which infected the rominator.exe file or the like.

I use the latest in Trend AV software and have no issues with Rominator and I have WinXP with SP2.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I should have reported this bug earlier really, it's been around for ages (at least it has been for me).
When going through my list of ROMs on my flashcart or on my computer the 2nd game down in the list can never be right-clicked (or at least, no drop-down menu appears). And after I just updated to 2008.9, the 3rd and 4th games down on my flashcart aren't right-clickable either. Weird right?
Sorry if it's been reported before as well, I haven't got the time to browse 12 pages for it :\.

And just a small request. Any chance we could have two separate lists for homebrew/miscellaneous ROMs and commercial ROMs for our flashcarts? That would make it look a lot neater, and a lot easier to manage!

Thanks if you have the time.

Sorry to be a pain, but my post was totally ignored earlier.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
I should have reported this bug earlier really, it's been around for ages (at least it has been for me).
When going through my list of ROMs on my flashcart or on my computer the 2nd game down in the list can never be right-clicked (or at least, no drop-down menu appears). And after I just updated to 2008.9, the 3rd and 4th games down on my flashcart aren't right-clickable either. Weird right?
Sorry if it's been reported before as well, I haven't got the time to browse 12 pages for it :\.

And just a small request. Any chance we could have two separate lists for homebrew/miscellaneous ROMs and commercial ROMs for our flashcarts? That would make it look a lot neater, and a lot easier to manage!

Thanks if you have the time.

Sorry to be a pain, but my post was totally ignored earlier.

I have mentioned many times I don't take bug reports in the forums. You have a bug to report, use the feedback system in Rominator so it can get logged.

I cant do anything with the files when they are compressed in rzip or zip

Care to complete your broken sentence?
tongue.gif
Your statement doesn't help me.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have mentioned many times I don't take bug reports in the forums. You have a bug to report, use the feedback system in Rominator so it can get logged.

Okay, but couldn't you have put that in the first post/topic title? Unless I was willing to read the 13 pages in this topic (which I didn't) I wouldn't know. I hardly feel I can be to blame when it doesn't say it clearly anywhere I would have seen it.
And I'll just go put it in the feedback box now then.

nx7010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

How often does the databse get updated in Rominator?
I ask as I had to do re-install of Vista and it is still at update 2457. Alot of stuff after Fizz has been reported at gbatemp.

One other thing, where is this local databse held - is it the .dsstore file - I ask beacuse I copied the rominator for windows directory into program files (with UAC on). I'm wondering if Rominator has a problem working in this location.

Thanks

Great app!

Paul

D

Deleted User

when the roms are compressed in the Rominator, i cant do anything with them(extract ,rename,trim).
I dont have this problem with the v5 or older.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nx7010 said:
I ask as I had to do re-install of Vista and it is still at update 2457. Alot of stuff after Fizz has been reported at gbatemp.
The database is updated every Saturday; right now, my database lists up through 2477.

QUOTEOne other thing, where is this local databse held - is it the .dsstore file - I ask beacuse I copied the rominator for windows directory into program files (with UAC on). I'm wondering if Rominator has a problem working in this location.
The .ds_store file is an OS X file used to store a folder's window settings (view style, window position/size, etc), and is safe to delete. I believe the database is stored in the ds.rod file, and your game catalog in GameList.rod; beyond that, I'm not familiar enough with Vista to know if UAC is causing the problem.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
nx7010 said:

One other thing, where is this local databse held - is it the .dsstore file - I ask beacuse I copied the rominator for windows directory into program files (with UAC on). I'm wondering if Rominator has a problem working in this location.

Every Saturday -- Friday if I'm nice
wink.gif

Last week it may have been at 2457, but this week another update was released already. (Should be 2477 now)
The Database in Vista is located at ~Username\AppData\Roaming\Rominator Data. I don't see why it would be a problem having it in Program Files, although it's not really necessary.

QUOTEwhen the roms are compressed in the Rominator, i cant do anything with them(extract ,rename,trim).
I dont have this problem with the v5 or older.

Yes you can rename. Extracting happens automatically when flashing, or you can press the 'Decompress' button. And of course you can't trim compressed games. You never could, and never will.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
LEECH666 said:
No matter what I do, if I launch Rominator (2008.10 for Windows) I get the following errormessage:

*Image removed*

Any advice?

LEECH666

Try again, some people said they got the same error. Looks like it threw an error on updating which I will look in to. Should be fine now.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a message that says "Updating DS Database..." near the top of the window, and it doesn't ever go away. If I click on my ROM list, the list appears empty and at the bottom of the window it says "Error loading game list". If I try to drop a ROM onto it, I get an import error.

ETA: This was apparently caused by a Rominator process that didn't exit properly. I occasionally get Rominator processes staying around after exiting the program. Killing the extra process solved the problem listed above.

-Bri

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save manager when you double click a game in a game list is not resizable. That means that sometimes when the rom name is very long the complete filename and appended date can't be seen at all times.

This window should be resizable because i have two flashcarts. They have two separate save types. I need to be able to see which one is which on the long filenames.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    nah sewing it will make it come apart more :)
    that one is pretty old
    the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all
    +1
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the one on my mercedes is a couple years old. these things don't last very long at all +1