Hacking Rominator v2008

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Sniffer said:
Hmm.......2000.4 still doesn't appear to delete the dirs in the temp dir - you sure that's been resolved ?

They deleted for me, I even went through it step by step and watched it slowly clean out the folder, and then the folder itself. Can you confirm that it's cleaning out the folder at least?

Thanks,
--Henry

Nope - it's still keeping the folder and the contents in it - no deletions at all !

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One other question..........does it only check for updates when you run the application or can you force it to update when the application is open?

I often keep the app running for several days......

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sniffer said:
One other question..........does it only check for updates when you run the application or can you force it to update when the application is open?

I often keep the app running for several days......

I forgot to mention, right before release, I snuck in a little addition in the Help menu
wink.gif

@Sniffer: Weird... Works on my Mac
tongue.gif
I'll do some debugging over the next 2 days I have off work. Gonna do it on the Mac Pro so I can run Windows XP and Winblows Shitsta at the same time.
smile.gif

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK - good luck !!

Have just shut down Rominator and then re-opened it and it's now been running for ten minutes loading the game list again........it hasn't crashed (yet).

I'm running XP BTW

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sniffer said:
OK - good luck !!

Have just shut down Rominator and then re-opened it and it's now been running for ten minutes loading the game list again........it hasn't crashed (yet).

I'm running XP BTW

How is it possible it's been loading for 10 minutes, that makes no sense o.O

I can load the entire library in a couple seconds
tongue.gif

ohh... importing is another story... holy shit how did it get so slow o.O

Daddy's gonna fix that
tongue.gif

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if you added the old manual update setting because I suggested it yesterday(Steven, donated yesterday). I thank you for adding a manual update feature but for some reason Rominator is stuck at Checking for Updates and nothing happens. I didn't click on the manual update, this is the auto update. Could it be a port problem because I'm behind a router? This is the first time I ever had issues updating.

I'm wondering if deleting my Rominator application data directory(C:\Documents and Settings\Steven\Application Data\Rominator Data) will fix this issue. I'll edit later if it fixes it or does nothing at all.

*note* All 2008.4 was missing is maximize.

*NOTE 3 Final FINALEdit* I went ahead and used Hex Workshop to see if there was a difference between the two files and there is not a single difference at all. I checked because I know you can use this to find out just why rominator has issues with ds.rod when they are exactly the same. I can even upload the file but thats completely up to you as you have the same issue.

You've already mentioned it but manually updating the program, even with the new ds.rod, causes the update to stick(again). Oh well I already bothered you enough.

*EDIT 2* Every other file in the app data dir does not have any effect and its only when I put ds.rod in the app data dir that the updates seem to freeze at "Checking for Updates.". When I delete this file and have Rominator automatically create it then it updates just fine. Both corrupted and auto created ds.rod files are the exact same size. The simple solution here is to just delete ds.rod.

*EDIT* I put everything except my DS box art images in a backup dir located in my Rominator App data dir and it fixed the issue. I'll now try and locate the exact file that is causing this issue. I'll update in a minute or so.

Hackchill, if even you are having this issue then I'm sure this will help you.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
allright I've given higher priority to the game listing and importing threads -- It goes much, much faster now. Mind you, while it's loading or importing, it's not a good idea to touch anything else and just let it be, this way though it loads much quicker.

Where it would load 2000 games in 4 minutes it now loads in 3 seconds
smile.gif
Will be reflected in 2008.5, and will probably speed up loading over the network as well.

QUOTE said:
I wonder if you added the old manual update setting because I suggested it yesterday(Steven, donated yesterday). I thank you for adding a manual update feature but for some reason Rominator is stuck at Checking for Updates and nothing happens. I didn't click on the manual update, this is the auto update. Could it be a port problem because I'm behind a router? This is the first time I ever had issues updating.

It actually does check for updates, it just acts a little strange right now and can fix it when I get home from work -- It stays stuck at 'Checking for Updates' even though it's not doing anything
tongue.gif
If you check for updates, and nothing happens, then you're all up to date anyways
wink.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
*EDIT 2* Every other file in the app data dir does not have any effect and its only when I put ds.rod in the app data dir that the updates seem to freeze at "Checking for Updates.". When I delete this file and have Rominator automatically create it then it updates just fine. Both corrupted and auto created ds.rod files are the exact same size. The simple solution here is to just delete ds.rod.

This does not make any difference in the functionality of the checking for updates. What happens, is it checks for updates, and if there is no updates, it just sticks, but technically it's done, I just didn't reset it. If it finds an update, it goes through another function, and that one resets the bar. Doesn't hurt anything
smile.gif

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
This does not make any difference in the functionality of the checking for updates. What happens, is it checks for updates, and if there is no updates, it just sticks, but technically it's done, I just didn't reset it. If it finds an update, it goes through another function, and that one resets the bar. Doesn't hurt anything
smile.gif

Is this why the update bar just says "updating" and no longer tells me what ROM # it is current for? Knowing what the last update was is a handy bit of information. I'd also like to know when it is done "updating". I was checking internet connections thinking something was wrong.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
kinesin said:
Foolish user maybe??

I can't drop and drag plain .nds ROMS in OSX 10.5.3 into the Rominator 2008.4 window
huh.gif

Isn't impossible for me to import my NDS roms. Do I need to do anything special to the filetype in OSX. I've just install Rominator by drag & drop into applications.
Have the issue that 'checking for updates' stay solid unless I delete teh ds.rod file

Did you read the quickstart guide and make a game list first?

I'll bet you didn't
tongue.gif
happy.gif

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to completely trash everything and start again ?
Takes way too long to read the game list - been going for 45 mins or so.

I've deleted the Rominator data file dir but it still has my game list in there - not sure what else to do!

kinesin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
kinesin said:
Foolish user maybe??

I can't drop and drag plain .nds ROMS in OSX 10.5.3 into the Rominator 2008.4 window
huh.gif

Isn't impossible for me to import my NDS roms. Do I need to do anything special to the filetype in OSX. I've just install Rominator by drag & drop into applications.
Have the issue that 'checking for updates' stay solid unless I delete teh ds.rod file

Did you read the quickstart guide and make a game list first?

I'll bet you didn't
tongue.gif
happy.gif

Was expect it to work like the older versions.
shy.gif

Just need 7z support as all my Roms as this format....

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sniffer said:

I've deleted the Rominator data file dir but it still has my game list in there - not sure what else to do!

Very strange.........just shut it down and run it again and my game list has gone.

Am busily adding all the games in again.......this takes a while I know !!

Roll on the quicker 2000.5
laugh.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sniffer said:
Sniffer said:

Very strange.........just shut it down and run it again and my game list has gone.

Am busily adding all the games in again.......this takes a while I know !!

Roll on the quicker 2000.5
laugh.gif

Well if you deleted the data folder then of course it'll delete your game list
tongue.gif

I would never suggest deleting the data folder, especially for those who use Save Defender, because then all your saves would be gone too. If you wanted to be rid of game lists, then delete GameList.rod.

EDIT: v2008.5 is available now.
Changes in v2008.5:
[FIX] Fixed update progress to reset itself after checking for updates
[FIX] Much faster importing and loading games in game lists

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it ever be possible to go back to the way it was in the last version of keeping all the data in the same path as rominator? I keep mine on a separate drive specifically to keep it away from the c drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/yB4tVps.jpg