Hacking Rominator v2008

3yL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the new version, and I hadn't been reading the last thread, so I was very happily surprised by the new version!

Hank, I'm wondering if you keep track of your donations, as far as who they come from? I felt bad that I could only donate $5 this time, but I sent $15 last month (and now I'm laid off.
frown.gif
) But I really do love the program!

I looked around for the export missing games, which is what led me here to see if others had found it/requested it (which I see they have.) I am seriously missing that.

I was one of those odd ones that used the icon export. I do like the Game Catalog too though. I used the icon export to export all the icons into a file, then the kids could open the file on their computer and see what games they wanted (rather than sitting at my computer and going through the whole list.) Is there anything that can accomplish the same type of this now? They don't need anything other than the name and a picture and the language (or country). Or will the export option have the ability to export the list along with the icon? Or, if none of the above, can I still just open the old Rominator and use its icon feature?

Thank you again for all of your hard work! It REALLY shows.
smile.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3yL said:
I really like the new version, and I hadn't been reading the last thread, so I was very happily surprised by the new version!

Hank, I'm wondering if you keep track of your donations, as far as who they come from? I felt bad that I could only donate $5 this time, but I sent $15 last month (and now I'm laid off.
frown.gif
) But I really do love the program!

I looked around for the export missing games, which is what led me here to see if others had found it/requested it (which I see they have.) I am seriously missing that.

I was one of those odd ones that used the icon export. I do like the Game Catalog too though. I used the icon export to export all the icons into a file, then the kids could open the file on their computer and see what games they wanted (rather than sitting at my computer and going through the whole list.) Is there anything that can accomplish the same type of this now? They don't need anything other than the name and a picture and the language (or country). Or will the export option have the ability to export the list along with the icon? Or, if none of the above, can I still just open the old Rominator and use its icon feature?

Thank you again for all of your hard work! It REALLY shows.
smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your layoff. He keeps track of donations by looking at the Paypal transaction ID.

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone else lost all their boxart with this release? it used to show up. i've replaced the program file for the new one leaving the data files intact.

the boxart .jpgs are actually still in the data folder but rominator reports no boxart available.

any ideas?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
BinarySoup said:
has anyone else lost all their boxart with this release? it used to show up. i've replaced the program file for the new one leaving the data files intact.

the boxart .jpgs are actually still in the data folder but rominator reports no boxart available.

any ideas?

I've actually renamed it to 'NDS Box Art' for when GBA support magically happens, so I can have 'GBA Box Art' too
smile.gif

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
BinarySoup said:

any ideas?

I've actually renamed it to 'NDS Box Art' for when GBA support magically happens, so I can have 'GBA Box Art' too
smile.gif

ah, i see. i tried moving the boxart to this new folder but no joy so have deleted everything (program and data) and re-downloaded. seems to be be showing up fine now.
smile.gif

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
I just finally updated from Rominator 5, I like the clean look, good job.
grog.gif

Did something change that would cause the program to be extremely slow when accessing ROMs over a network drive however? I know it's never officially been supported, but v5 had no real issues when reading ROMs this way while 2008 is very slow, and since file actions block the program from doing anything else it makes the program non-responsive for periods of time.

Sniffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:
Nice... I just found I had 24GBs in my temp folder. Also, Windows does NOT clean this temp folder out automatically, even with CleanMgr (Disk Cleanup Wizard).

EDIT: Henry, are you sure there isn't a method in RealBasic that will delete a directory that has stuff in it?

I'm looking for it
wink.gif

http://ramblings.aaronballman.com/2005/04/...e_a_Folder.html

He uses a recursive method that will delete files and subdirectories.

hehe already a step ahead of you -- I've already done recursive scanning to delete all files and folders, and then the zip's folder itself
wink.gif

Has this been resolved now with Rominator so it does delete all the dirs in the temp directory ? Can't use it properly until it is working properly...
cry.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ViRGE said:
I just finally updated from Rominator 5, I like the clean look, good job.
grog.gif

Did something change that would cause the program to be extremely slow when accessing ROMs over a network drive however? I know it's never officially been supported, but v5 had no real issues when reading ROMs this way while 2008 is very slow, and since file actions block the program from doing anything else it makes the program non-responsive for periods of time.

I will be working on accessing speed -- I have some ideas that will greatly improve performance, it's just a matter of time to get it in there. I've got a couple other bugs to work out first though for the release of v2008.4

Speaking of v2008.4, I thought I would show off the major new feature of it It took many hours to code, but it was all worth it because this new feature will be a life saver.

You may want to turn up your volume, I was a little quiet -- you also can't see my mouse. Sorry. I don't feel like re-recording
tongue.gif

This feature will also only be available to registered users.

QUOTEHas this been resolved now with Rominator so it does delete all the dirs in the temp directory ? Can't use it properly until it is working properly...
Yes, I've fixed this for v2008.4.

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Game defender is great idea, I have to try to remember which games I have played and then click backup save for each one, this way Rominator takes care of all the hassle. Nice feature can't wait.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Allrighty, v2008.4 has been released, with Save Defender fully functional.

Changes in v2008.4:
[+] Addition of a brand new feature called Save Defender, which allows you to run automated backups of your save files on your flash card, and restore from any backup point. *Only available to registered users
[FIX] Fixed the displaying of Zip games' icons
[FIX] Save file gets renamed too if renaming a game on your flash card
[FIX] Will no longer crash when reading flash cards with firmware files (e.g. _DS_MSHL.NDS)
[FIX] The Toolbar in Windows now behaves properly when you double-click a game to view it's saves, or drag games to your flash card
[FIX] Found a workaround that will allow the toolbar to automatically be visible in Windows if it was opened when you close Rominator
[+/-] Added missing OS's to Personalize section of the settings, and removed unsupported OS's
[FIX] Zip files create temporary folders for extracting when identifying/flashing -- These temporary files are now deleted properly
[+] Rominator now auto-selects the last save that has been backed up, whether it be a manual backup or when deleting a game and backing up the save
[+/-] Data will need to be migrated over to User/Library/Preferences [Mac OS X] / Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data [Windows]. Rominator will do this for you if you do not. You might see errors if you do not migrate, it is normal.

Enjoy!

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, and Save Defender sounds awesome; its definitely going to be helpful.
hankchill said:
[+/-] Data will need to be migrated over to User/Library/Preferences [Mac OS X] / Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data [Windows]. Rominator will do this for you if you do not. You might see errors if you do not migrate, it is normal.
Why is it in ~/Library/Preferences/? IIRC Preferences/ specifically for .plist and such pref files, while ~/Library/Application Support/ is for other data and support files. I'm not complaining or anything, just curious.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
FrankSinatra said:
Thanks again, and Save Defender sounds awesome; its definitely going to be helpful.
hankchill said:
Why is it in ~/Library/Preferences/? IIRC Preferences/ specifically for .plist and such pref files, while ~/Library/Application Support/ is for other data and support files. I'm not complaining or anything, just curious.

Preferences isn't just specifically for .plist files. Really, anything can go in either Preferences or Application Support. Some other apps that use the Preferences folder for their data are VMWare Fusion, Synchronize X, Opera, Microsoft Office applications, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite applications, etc. etc. I can go on
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sniffer said:
Hmm.......2000.4 still doesn't appear to delete the dirs in the temp dir - you sure that's been resolved ?

They deleted for me, I even went through it step by step and watched it slowly clean out the folder, and then the folder itself. Can you confirm that it's cleaning out the folder at least?

Thanks,
--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
markmcrobie said:
Which folder for Windows Vista? There's AppData > Local, AppData > LocalLow and AppData > Roaming?

hmmm... good question... I'm not sure!

You can just overwrite the application with 2008.4, and open Rominator. You'll get a couple of errors, but it'll ask you if you want to migrate data. It'll move it to the appropriate folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol