IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice... I just found I had 24GBs in my temp folder. Also, Windows does NOT clean this temp folder out automatically, even with CleanMgr (Disk Cleanup Wizard).

EDIT: Henry, are you sure there isn't a method in RealBasic that will delete a directory that has stuff in it?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
IBNobody said:
Nice... I just found I had 24GBs in my temp folder. Also, Windows does NOT clean this temp folder out automatically, even with CleanMgr (Disk Cleanup Wizard).

EDIT: Henry, are you sure there isn't a method in RealBasic that will delete a directory that has stuff in it?

I'm looking for it
wink.gif

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:

I'm looking for it
wink.gif

http://ramblings.aaronballman.com/2005/04/...e_a_Folder.html

He uses a recursive method that will delete files and subdirectories.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
IBNobody said:
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:

I'm looking for it
wink.gif

hehe already a step ahead of you -- I've already done recursive scanning to delete all files and folders, and then the zip's folder itself
wink.gif

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First just FYI: Received my registration code and had no problem with it.

Second (as one other person already mentioned): I also miss two features of the toolbox. First the possibility to download multible boxarts. This is handy if the ROMlist gets updated and you want to download the boxarts before you have the ROM in your ROM folder and second the flash card quene to organize your "soon to flash" games.

Third thing I found something that is not possible yet (really
happy.gif
). If you click one one entry and [Shift] click BELOW this entry all games between the two points are selected (intuitive) BUT if you click on an entry ABOVE the mark nothing is selected (not intuitive).
Just a minor thing!!

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:
hankchill said:
IBNobody said:

I'm looking for it
wink.gif

hehe already a step ahead of you -- I've already done recursive scanning to delete all files and folders, and then the zip's folder itself
wink.gif

LOL. I don't doubt that. You're more than capable of Google searching. Anyways, my temp drive will thank you.

Got a question for you, though... Is it possible to de-star /de-rate a ROM without purging your settings? I accidentally rated one of those dreg games 1 star, and it didn't even deserve that!

tenchim86

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I just want to say that rominator is an awesome program. I use it all the time to manage my NDS roms. Thanks hank!

I do have one problem though. I have a R4DS and I've tried numerous times to add it to rominator. The list adds fine to the column on the left. However, when I click on it, it freezes and then closes while loading the rom list. I looked into it further and realized that the file "_DS_MSHL.NDS" makes the program crash. By deleting it, I can access the roms on my R4DS. However, that file is part of the firmware for R4DS and it is a pain to delete it and then recopy it each time I use rominator. I was wondering if you could look into that situation. Thank you.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
That file is actually the program file for Moonshell, so if you don't use Moonshell you can safely delete it, it won't stop you doing anything else with your cart.

I got the exact same problem as you and I e-mailed Hank the file at his request so he can do some tests as to why it happens.

Are you using Windows Vista by the way?

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tenchim86 said:
Hello. I just want to say that rominator is an awesome program. I use it all the time to manage my NDS roms. Thanks hank!

I do have one problem though. I have a R4DS and I've tried numerous times to add it to rominator. The list adds fine to the column on the left. However, when I click on it, it freezes and then closes while loading the rom list. I looked into it further and realized that the file "_DS_MSHL.NDS" makes the program crash. By deleting it, I can access the roms on my R4DS. However, that file is part of the firmware for R4DS and it is a pain to delete it and then recopy it each time I use rominator. I was wondering if you could look into that situation. Thank you.

Just put your ROMs in a subdirectory. That's what most people do.

In general, your root directory needs to have the fewest files in it. That goes for any root dir, flash card or not.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
IBNobody said:
LOL. I don't doubt that. You're more than capable of Google searching. Anyways, my temp drive will thank you.

Got a question for you, though... Is it possible to de-star /de-rate a ROM without purging your settings? I accidentally rated one of those dreg games 1 star, and it didn't even deserve that!

It is, double click the star rating
smile.gif
It'll reset to zero.

To the other guys, I'm working out the bugs with the firmware files so it plays nicely with them -- Rominator may just ignore them as well
wink.gif

Thanks for the nice comments too
smile.gif

tenchim86

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running Mac OSX Leopard. I'll try just deleting the file since I don't use moonshell anyways. I'll also test out the sub folder idea. Thanks guys.

V

Vulpix

I'm having some problems with the new Rominator, I have made one of my drives for the AceKard 2 card, but everytime I select it, Rominator crashes. Any idea what's wrong?

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JoHnOfDaDeAd said:
What are the extra features you get when you donate;)?

Ok... No joking.

The extra features are perks and not necessarily

You get access to the entire NDS database, which you can browse in a separate window. Honestly, that feature isn't as useful as OfflineList, though, and you can still see all the data for all the ROMs you already have, though.

Donating also grants the ability to see statistics on your collection. Again, this isn't necessary if you use something like OfflineList.

My opinion has always been that Rominator was best used for flash card management (TOP NOTCH) and not for ROM collecting (also-ran).

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vulpix said:
I'm having some problems with the new Rominator, I have made one of my drives for the AceKard 2 card, but everytime I select it, Rominator crashes. Any idea what's wrong?
This happens to me sometimes too. I get it whenever i don't properly eject (safely remove) my flashcard before taking it out of the computer and one of the files appears to become corrupt. To fix it i always have to find the corrupt file with tera copy or just format and put it all back on there. Then it doesn't crash my Rominator anymore when i click it anymore.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Seazn said:
Trimming doesn't seem to work anymore. Whenever I try to trim Super Dodgeball Brawlers it trims it to 0KB on normal trim and less than 1KB on safe trim.

The game developers may have put the trimsize of the internal rom data to Zero bytes, a few games are like that. You'll need to wait for the next database update when I can specify the trim location of the game
smile.gif

Don't worry, the next update is tomorrow
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Gutten lol
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Autocorrect isn't always correct
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    however,sad news today, although idk if i can say it bc it relates to a rom site
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rom or Ram site? Cause there's a big difference
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    rom,like game files
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    know what? to paraphrase sonic: "no GBAtemp rule in the universe is gonna stop me"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    vimm's lair had to remove a bunch of games because of nintendo, sega, and lego
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Odin 2s $300 lol no