I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i'm running mac osx 10.4.10 and ever since updating rominator to version 4 I can't get rominator to see my microsd when it's mounted on the system. I've added to the list of "flash carts" in rominator but it won't show up even though osx can see it perfectly. Any ideas whats wrong here?

*sigh* You didn't read the update notes, did you?

Please read them so you know what's changed.

FILE MENU -> SCAN FOR FLASH CARDS!

alexR4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rominator is acting really stupid i cant even open since i updated it so im trying to reinstall it (mac osx 10.4.10)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
rominator is acting really stupid i cant even open since i updated it so im trying to reinstall it (mac osx 10.4.10)

If you wanna reinstall it, go to your Home folder/Library/Preferences and trash the Rominator Data folder. That'll "reinstall" it.

Please, PLEASE, for new users, don't just join here and post "It's not working!" or in your case "is acting really stupid". If you have a problem, email me, and I'll help you sort it out. There's 50 pages to this thread and most of it is complaints that are solvable by email. Unless you have something that everyone else needs to see, don't post it please.

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Having a little problem here.

I updated to version 4.0 and rzipped my roms, since then I've had to do a reinstall of the machine but I've ran into a problem.

Once I point to my games directory it's saying there's no roms in there, if I refresh it on that dir it only picks up 4 roms and the drag and drop feature isn't allowing me to use on the rz files.

So now I can't use any roms or see any roms bar 4.....

Help!!!!

EDIT: The identify feature is only working on those 4 roms and didn't mention that its on Windows.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the bug reports guys. Being that rZip is new, there were bound to be some issues. I'll have them fixed up this weekend for you guys, as well as have rZip v2 available. I am releasing a tool alongside the next revision that can compress/uncompress rZip v1, compress/uncompress rZip v2, and convert from rZip v1 to rZip v2. The difference with rZip v1 and v2 is that v2 contains internal rom information such as Icon, Header, and Trimmed Size -- this way, you can have an rZipped game in your list while still being able to see it's icon and internal info
biggrin.gif
Plus recognition of the game would be much easier.

Sorry for the current bugs!

Typhoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Bugs are to be expected from any application.

You shouldn't be sorry if there are still bugs present in Rominator as for each bug one of us find, you usually release a new version in the week with the needed patch.

It's us who should thank you for this really useful piece of software
wink.gif
and for keeping up improving it!

So thank you!

Regards,
Typhoe

pedrito

Trophies
XP
Country
You had to pay for zip support? Care to elaborate?

Because with all honesty, a new proprietary format that I have to depend on Rominator to handle… Thanks, but no thanks. A real pity, since that means Rominator still can not be a viable choice for me. Thanks sharing the work, though.

hypn0toad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing software! very useful!

just curious..

1) i saw that the mac version of the software has nice icons displayed by all of the game names.. can I get the same thing in windows? (i'm not sure if i'm missing an option or if it doesn't exist.. if it doesnt exist is it a possible feature in the future)

2) suggestion: allow the user to select the folder where the program settings / cache is kept..

3) i dont know if this is the case, but is the boxart all cached? if not, maybe the program could save the images so that it wouldn't need a network connection (and so it would load the images faster)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
amazing software! very useful!

just curious..

1) i saw that the mac version of the software has nice icons displayed by all of the game names.. can I get the same thing in windows? (i'm not sure if i'm missing an option or if it doesn't exist.. if it doesnt exist is it a possible feature in the future)

2) suggestion: allow the user to select the folder where the program settings / cache is kept..

3) i dont know if this is the case, but is the boxart all cached? if not, maybe the program could save the images so that it wouldn't need a network connection (and so it would load the images faster)

Hiya,

Both the Mac and Windows versions pull the icon straight from the Rom, so of course it'll work on both.

As for suggestion to allow the user to select where the settings are kept -- not happening. How many programs will allow you where to save the cached data? This isn't any different
smile.gif
Too many data files to have a user screw up
tongue.gif

And yes, the box art is cached when it's loaded. There's even an option to download all missing box arts
smile.gif

@pedrito:
Yes I need to pay for Zip support, which isn't happening right now, so I did my own compression. Difference with rZip and Zip is that rZip preserves internal info like the icon, header, trim length, etc. If you don't like it, simply don't use it. If you want to keep your roms zipped, well, use something else I guess
smile.gif

@Typhoe:
Thanks for the nice words
smile.gif
There'll be another update this weekend.

hypn0toad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazing software! very useful!

just curious..

3) i dont know if this is the case, but is the boxart all cached? if not, maybe the program could save the images so that it wouldn't need a network connection (and so it would load the images faster)

Hiya,

Both the Mac and Windows versions pull the icon straight from the Rom, so of course it'll work on both.

As for suggestion to allow the user to select where the settings are kept -- not happening. How many programs will allow you where to save the cached data? This isn't any different
smile.gif
Too many data files to have a user screw up
tongue.gif

And yes, the box art is cached when it's loaded. There's even an option to download all missing box arts
smile.gif

@pedrito:
Yes I need to pay for Zip support, which isn't happening right now, so I did my own compression. Difference with rZip and Zip is that rZip preserves internal info like the icon, header, trim length, etc. If you don't like it, simply don't use it. If you want to keep your roms zipped, well, use something else I guess
smile.gif

@Typhoe:
Thanks for the nice words
smile.gif
There'll be another update this weekend.

thanks a ton for the fast response! i noticed there is an offical GBA Temp Wiki, and maybe a page could be created for romintor.. i can help some maybe ill start it when i get home from work, but it would be useful to have more information for new users

i saw that there is an online help at your website, but it seems like a lot of informatino is missing from there, and instead of relying on you to both develop and update help, maybe the community can make their own guide? just a thought

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference with rZip v1 and v2 is that v2 contains internal rom information such as Icon, Header, and Trimmed Size -- this way, you can have an rZipped game in your list while still being able to see it's icon and internal info
biggrin.gif
Plus recognition of the game would be much easier.

You are a beautiful person hahaha

hypn0toad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i just got home and looked at the program again.. i'm downloading box art (yay) but i still dont see where i can enable the display of icons in the game list

right now it looks like:

[number] [name]

and i want it to be

[number][icon][name]

i'm on windows.. how do i add the icon display

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of a mini tool so I can access my roms that are rz'ipped that rominator isn't picking up till the new version please.

Just incase you run into any problems and the new version is held back.

(my 7yr old is driving me mad re changing her games
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Any chance of a mini tool so I can access my roms that are rz'ipped that rominator isn't picking up till the new version please.

Just incase you run into any problems and the new version is held back.

(my 7yr old is driving me mad re changing her games
smile.gif

No worries I'll have the tool ready for today
smile.gif

mclaneinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
The Rominator rZip Utility has been completed, and is now available for download in my signature below. Basically, the tool allows you to compress/decompress Rominator's rZip files. For the upcoming v4.1 of Rominator, the rZip utility supports the new rZip format (which adds icon showing for compressed games, as well as immediate recognition without having to 'identify' the game). The tool is very straightforward and shouldn't have any real problems with it. Give it a shot!

--Henry

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mine sometimes crashes! my Tony Hawk Sk8r H8r or wutever (not downhill) got mixed with Tetris so now it has the Tertis Name and icon! havent tested to see if it works yet, DS with Nintendo.

SUGESTION: you should totally make a ROMINATOR for GBA ROMs!!!!!! that would be tightx1000000000! or just add the capabillity in for the slot 2 users!
biggrin.gif

T3Sm0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i drag&drop a rom into rominator it says error renaming the file. it does get copied into the games folder though...
am I doing anything wrong?
that's under winxp sp2.

under vista x64 everything works. strange...

btw...when compressed with rzip rominator cant read rom infos thus displaying only filename and zip icon. any way of changing that?

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm interested in buying an R4 or an M3 soon, so would it be a good idea to download this and organize all my ROMs in preparation for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/XnZG9dNNmmE6SbSF/?mibextid=oFDknk kind of looks cuphead...