I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Some of you may not be happy, but I don't think ZIP support is happening. There's too much internal information that Rominator looks for to be able to add Zip support. It would break everything else, such as header info, icon viewing/manipulating, internal name changing, and rom trimming. Not worth adding in really. I did some experimentation and the closest I could get to adding in ZIP was just the zip file, and Rominator would unzip it to the flash drive -- you couldn't get any game details, box art, icon, or trim it. Sorry
frown.gif

However, v3.1 is on the way and provides the following features:
- Share your opinions! A new 'Reviews' section now exists where users can submit and share their personal views on a game.
- Games can be added through File>Add Games. This is because Linux users may experience a program closure when dropping a game that already exists onto Rominator.
- You now have the option to remove the Multi-Language tag from the game's name.

The reviews section requires you to have an internet connection active, as it's real time and retrieves reviews submitted in real time. Instead of having review locations stored in the database, it'll get 'em online!]

The tag for the naming scheme to include the Multi-Language tag is %m.

Next on the list is an expansive save system, where you can actually control the saves backed up, and keep as many backups as you want. if I have enough incentive, I'll add in Multi-Flash Card support.

Any feedback on what's currently available for the release? Any small last minute requests?

Regards.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, a Linux build will be available as well
biggrin.gif
I've had Azimuth test it and it's looking pretty good
smile.gif
Only one tiny visual bug, but nothing I can do about that (It's not hurting the program either).

EDIT 2: Go and get 'er
smile.gif
Be sure to read the database update notes as well.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@hankchill: those improvements could be great it all depends on you you handle the comments (i.e. not letting them get in the way and breaking the design, etc. A star system could be a good option here). Keep the good work coming!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
@hankchill: those improvements could be great it all depends on you you handle the comments (i.e. not letting them get in the way and breaking the design, etc. A star system could be a good option here). Keep the good work coming!

Whaaa?? I don't get it :/ Could you explain a little better what you're trying to say?

Regards.

D

Deleted User

A star system to rate the games sounds nice ... like the one used in iTunes to rate your songs. That's a great idea (in my opinion).
smile.gif

Is it possible to get the window size and position saved somehow, so that I won't have to resize it everytime I start Rominator? Although I keep it hidden most of the time, it would be a nice addition.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
A star system to rate the games sounds nice ... like the one used in iTunes to rate your songs. That's a great idea (in my opinion).
smile.gif

Is it possible to get the window size and position saved somehow, so that I won't have to resize it everytime I start Rominator? Although I keep it hidden most of the time, it would be a nice addition.

I see what you're saying. I wouldn't have enough room on the interface for the rating system
tongue.gif

For the next version I'll have it save the window size and position
smile.gif

Regards.

D

Deleted User

I see what you're saying. I wouldn't have enough room on the interface for the rating system
tongue.gif

Yes, that's propably true; and by the way, it's so nice and simple the way it is (the interface) it shouldn't be cluttered with too much (fancy) extras.

QUOTE(hankchill @ Apr 11 2007, 03:08 PM)For the next version I'll have it save the window size and position
smile.gif
Nice, thanks a lot!
smile.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Whoops, found something I forgot to remove
tongue.gif

If you go to Tools and Missing Box Art, you'll crash the program
tongue.gif
I removed the box art column in the database because Rominator checks online automatically for box art for the selected game if it's not downloaded locally, so I was able to remove the column completely, saving almost 50KB of database space.

I'll have the Missing Box Art section removed for the next release, just so you don't accidentally go there
smile.gif

Regards.

brn

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this from the link in your sig earlier today and I must say it looks very interesting. Been envying all the windows users for a while now it's great to see someonde developing for OSX.

I have a question though - how does the rom handling work. I drag and drop the files into the app and they copy to a folder that Rominator has destined to be filled with roms, then when I put in my R4 Micro SD I drag and drop from rominator or what?

Also how does .sav backuping work?

There was no readme file with the app so I guess you haven't written one or maybe there's one for windows that you forgot to include?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I got this from the link in your sig earlier today and I must say it looks very interesting. Been envying all the windows users for a while now it's great to see someonde developing for OSX.

I have a question though - how does the rom handling work. I drag and drop the files into the app and they copy to a folder that Rominator has destined to be filled with roms, then when I put in my R4 Micro SD I drag and drop from rominator or what?

Also how does .sav backuping work?

There was no readme file with the app so I guess you haven't written one or maybe there's one for windows that you forgot to include?

All the info is in the readme, but the readme is for v3.0, and needs to be updated. I'm redoing it and making it all online.

However, the readme for 3.0 (some of the 3.1 features aren't mentioned, obviously) can still be viewed below:
Click Here

Regards.

bladetears

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great programÂ
wink.gif

Code:
http://www.realbasic.com/products/realbasic/index.php?

...You've already mentioned about the program before, no need to again
smile.gif

Last time I was talking about Rominator, this time I'm talking about RealBasic.
By the way, I found a bug in your program.
-First click "Game Reviews"
-Click the [X] (close the pop-up)
-Right click on any game and the "Game Reviews" menu will pop-up.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Great program 
wink.gif

Code:
http://www.realbasic.com/products/realbasic/index.php?

...You've already mentioned about the program before, no need to again
smile.gif

Last time I was talking about Rominator, this time I'm talking about RealBasic.
By the way, I found a bug in your program.
QUOTE-First click "Game Reviews"
-Click the [X] (close the pop-up)
-Right click on any game and the "Game Reviews" menu will pop-up.

Yep it's a Windows related bug. I'll have it fixed.

Regards.

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It looks very nice, I'll check later on my Mac today to check if this can replace offline list (that I have to run through bootcamp)

Clove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great app, but I noticed a problem. If I have the USB flash card reader plugged in without a flash card inserted when I open Rominator, all I get are "Cannot read from Drive G:" errors until I ctrl+alt+delete it closed. It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Simple solution: Unplug your flash drive. You have your Flash Location set to a drive plugged in, and Rominator tries to read from it. If it cannot read from the drive plugged in, then unplug it. I can't do anything more for it. If I try and add any checking to see if the drive is in, but flash card is not, it'll still prompt you to insert a card. Can't do too much about that.

Regards.

SFlames

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got my R4 today and I would just like to make sure that before trimming all my roms, it's not going to trim away anything but extra space as long as I have the "Use Safe Trimming Method" option checked off, right?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Even without 'Safe Trimming', it will only ever trim away the excess space. Safe Trimming games allows you to retain a certain number of bytes at the end of the game for Wifi play or Download play. Bear in mind though, download play doesn't work with 95% of the DS games with the R4. However, using Safe Trimming you can play Wifi just fine!

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O