ROM Hack rom shrinker

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i have been trimming all my roms, they are all trimmed but is there any other way to make the sizes smaller???

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
DS_USER_997 said:
hi, i have been trimming all my roms, they are all trimmed but is there any other way to make the sizes smaller???

Technically yes, but it involves actually stripping game data, such as music, voices, movies, etc.

If you want to retain all data, then no.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What hankchill says is correct but there is fairly often quite a bit of junk data in the rom and it is not that hard. Few people do it these days for DS roms now microSD and beyond are the standard storage methods but it is still possible.

Take a look at the DS rom ripping and enhancements link in my signature.

bunsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bunnybreaker said:
Interesting, any more info on this?

That's all there's to it. They developed this modification that makes the game load compressed files as if they were uncompressed.

QUOTE(doom5 @ Apr 22 2008, 01:16 AM) Those roms would never pass as good in Rom management programs, and who's to say the filesystem would be compatible with most DS titles?

So what? Neither would trimmed roms which the OP is already comfortable with using. Most DS titles are developed with Nintendo's SDK, as such a solution that detects and plugs into those routines would be compatible with all of those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up