ROM Hack ROM Hacking question (TLOZ:ST music)

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, I got a few questions about music hacking for this game

Does anyone know the name of the .sseq for "cursed overworld" theme?

Is it possible to write "cursed overworld" over " realm overworld?

Does anyone know the name of the .SSEQ for "realm overworld" theme?

Thaaanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not got the game in front of me but most DS games will tend not to have the most music tracks. To that end if names will not give it to you then 5 minutes on vgmtrans will hopefully tell you the name of the song you want.

From there if it is from same game to same game then you might not even have to overwrite anything. It might be as simple as repointing -- find the part of the header that says where the cursed overworld theme is and the one you want to replace. Where the one you want to replace has its pointers you change them for the cursed overworld and you are hopefully good. If the tracks use different instrument banks you will have to change those as well, I cover bank switching stuff in http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2014-edition-out.73394/ but you hopefully only need the part where it is fixed and not the injection part.

If you do need to overwrite something then tinke's SDAT handling/import is what I would suggest.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I have not got the game in front of me but most DS games will tend not to have the most music tracks. To that end if names will not give it to you then 5 minutes on vgmtrans will hopefully tell you the name of the song you want.

From there if it is from same game to same game then you might not even have to overwrite anything. It might be as simple as repointing -- find the part of the header that says where the cursed overworld theme is and the one you want to replace. Where the one you want to replace has its pointers you change them for the cursed overworld and you are hopefully good. If the tracks use different instrument banks you will have to change those as well, I cover bank switching stuff in http://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2014-edition-out.73394/ but you hopefully only need the part where it is fixed and not the injection part.

If you do need to overwrite something then tinke's SDAT handling/import is what I would suggest.

Yes, I have tried using vgmtrans to find the name of the songs but I couldn't find them

Well... maybe... I'll try that method again

I'll let you know what comes out

Thanks for replying C:

(and if the songs end up having different banks could you help me with that?, that would be awesome :3)

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later